News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

IL-59 / I-88 DDI Presentation - Jan 17, 2013

Started by Brandon, January 14, 2013, 02:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

My engineering society (Illinois Society of Professional Engineers) is having a presentation on the proposed DDI for I-88 and IL-59 in Naperville.

It's being held at:
Claddagh Irish Pub
1702 Commons Drive
Geneva, IL 60134

On January 17, 2013 from 6pm to 9pm (presentation will be from 7 or 7:30, just after dinner)
The cost is $35 for non-members (payable at the door) and dinner is provided.

Thought I'd post it if anyone was in the area and wanted to go and find out more about the proposed DDI.  I'll be there anyway for the presentation and the professional development hour.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Revive 755

Two questions:

1) Since it is a professional engineers society, does one have to have the PE License to attend?

2) Who exactly is the speaker and is he or she a consultant or part of IDOT?

Alps

This raises an interesting thought. I go to ASCE and ASHE presentations often, as a member of both, and they are often (ASHE = usually) related to projects of interest to us all. Tonight was Garden State Parkway, Bass River Bridge. It's not really a road enthusiast meeting... do we want a place to start posting about professional society meetings?

Brandon

Quote from: Revive 755 on January 15, 2013, 08:29:35 PM
Two questions:

1) Since it is a professional engineers society, does one have to have the PE License to attend?

2) Who exactly is the speaker and is he or she a consultant or part of IDOT?

1. No, anyone can come.  It's just worth a professional development unit for those of use with PE licenses.  We sometimes have non-PEs join us, and sometimes they are the presenters.

2. The speaker is James F. Prola, P.E.  From  our blurb:
QuoteMr. Prola has 37 years of experience with background in planning, design, and construction support services for transportation projects. He has worked on numerous types of projects including highways, municipal roadways, airports, railroads, parking facilities, and site development. Mr. Prola's extensive experience includes the design of major expressways and interstates consisting of complex intersections and interchanges within the Chicago Metropolitan area.
IIRC, he is one of the consultants on it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

Brandon

Quote from: Steve on January 15, 2013, 10:05:45 PM
This raises an interesting thought. I go to ASCE and ASHE presentations often, as a member of both, and they are often (ASHE = usually) related to projects of interest to us all. Tonight was Garden State Parkway, Bass River Bridge. It's not really a road enthusiast meeting... do we want a place to start posting about professional society meetings?

Perhaps.  There's enough DOT employees and professional engineers here.  We had a meeting that had a guy  from ISTHA discussing the plan for the Tollway that might've been a good one as well.  It was held at a decent Italian restaurant to boot.

kphoger

If I still lived in the area, I would probably actually attend.  Dang it!
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Stratuscaster

Since the target area is about a mile south of where I live, I have some interest. Unfortunately, what I don't have is the time.

That said, I also think any road-related meeting that is open to the public (fee or free) is worth posting here.

Alps

Quote from: Stratuscaster on January 16, 2013, 10:23:31 PM
Since the target area is about a mile south of where I live, I have some interest. Unfortunately, what I don't have is the time.

That said, I also think any road-related meeting that is open to the public (fee or free) is worth posting here.
Well it can turn into advertising. I could post about monthly ASCE and ASHE meetings, but I feel like that's not the purpose of this particular subforum.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: Steve on January 16, 2013, 11:52:17 PM

Well it can turn into advertising. I could post about monthly ASCE and ASHE meetings, but I feel like that's not the purpose of this particular subforum.

Start threads for professinal society/public presentation meetings in the regional forum of interest?
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Alps

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on January 17, 2013, 11:08:03 AM

Start threads for professinal society/public presentation meetings in the regional forum of interest?
I like that idea a lot better going forward.

Brandon

Quote from: Steve on January 17, 2013, 06:39:52 PM
Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on January 17, 2013, 11:08:03 AM

I like that idea a lot better going forward.

That works.  I'll talk about the presentation over there (for the obvious reasons).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.