News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

2009 West Virginia road meet -- one-month notice

Started by hbelkins, May 14, 2009, 10:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

We are now one month away from the Charleston, WV road meet.

Date:    Saturday, June 13, 2009
Time:   12 p.m. EDT
   2931 Mountaineer Blvd.
   Charleston, WV 25309, (304) 746-9401
   http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/Charleston_WV/

The tour portion of the meet will focus on the new I-64 bridge crossing the Kanawha River between Dunbar and South Charleston. The initial plan was to also check out construction on the new US 35 alignment in Putnam County, but if construction progresses at its current pace, it's entirely possible taht we

Meet details can be found at http://www.millenniumhwy.net/WV_meet.html including directions to the restaurant, and the RSVP e-mail address and deadline. Please let me know by Wednesday, June 10 if you will be able to attend. Also, please check that page frequently because as the meet date approaches, a tour itinerary and a printable turn-by-turn directions guide to aid in navigating the tour will be posted (but that may be subject to change if the road is opened before the meet). We will even be taking a look at one of the infamous "fractional" West Virginia county routes as we explore the new US 35 alignment.

So far I have one confirmed attendee and three or four "maybes." Please let me know if you plan to attend or think you may be attending using the address listed on the meet page linked above.

Hope to see as many of you as possible on June 13 in Charleston!

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.