News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Your first video game you ever played.

Started by RobbieL2415, August 18, 2019, 08:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkyatari

Quote from: JoePCool14 on August 29, 2019, 10:55:55 AM
Quote from: paulthemapguy on August 27, 2019, 09:27:41 AM
My mom refused to get us video games until she eventually caved Christmas 1998.  For Christmas my brother and I got an N64, so the first console game I ever played was Super Mario 64.  I still have it to this day--and the N64 is the only console I kept from my childhood, for nostalgia reasons.

A very solid first game indeed. Sadly I am still waiting to play this one.

My first title was probably something on the original Xbox. It might be Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom. Such a classic personally and still my favorite 3D platformer. And yes, I'm beyond excited for the remake coming soon. :cool:

That's a great game.  Had it on the Gamecube at one point. Running it on a gamecube emulator currently.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: inkyatari on August 29, 2019, 04:30:51 PM
Quote from: JoePCool14 on August 29, 2019, 10:55:55 AM
Quote from: paulthemapguy on August 27, 2019, 09:27:41 AM
My mom refused to get us video games until she eventually caved Christmas 1998.  For Christmas my brother and I got an N64, so the first console game I ever played was Super Mario 64.  I still have it to this day--and the N64 is the only console I kept from my childhood, for nostalgia reasons.

A very solid first game indeed. Sadly I am still waiting to play this one.

My first title was probably something on the original Xbox. It might be Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom. Such a classic personally and still my favorite 3D platformer. And yes, I'm beyond excited for the remake coming soon. :cool:

That's a great game.  Had it on the Gamecube at one point. Running it on a gamecube emulator currently.

Still have my copy and my N64.  That's one of the best pick up and put down games since you can just play a couple levels, save your progress and go do something else. 

ET21

StarFox 64 on the N64, followed immediately by Redline Racer on the old Windows 95
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Finrod

For first arcade game played, at first I was going to say Frogger summer of 1982, which is the first arcade game I paid to play, but then I remembered my older brothers taking me to the arcade in the local mall to play: Death Race, from 1976!  Glorious monochrome black-and-white.  Man, that game was controversial in its day.  I never had a chance to play it again until last year at the Southern Fried Gameroom Expo.

First console game, I don't really remember; I remember playing the Atari 2600 and the Intellivision at the local JC Penney's, but I think before that there was this pong variant that had this odd joystick that was this triangular knob atop a stick that also could be rotated left and right to make your pong paddle rotate.
Internet member since 1987.

Hate speech is a nonsense concept; the truth is hate speech to those that hate the truth.

People who use their free speech to try to silence others' free speech are dangerous fools.

GCrites

Finrod

Internet member since 1987.

Hate speech is a nonsense concept; the truth is hate speech to those that hate the truth.

People who use their free speech to try to silence others' free speech are dangerous fools.

inkyatari

I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

7/8

For a console game, mine was probably the original Sonic the Hedgehog on the Sega Genesis (1991). The game is four years older than me, and it's still a lot of fun to play! The system was a hand-me-down from my older cousin. I also remember playing Golden Axe II co-op (also 1991). The Genesis is the only system from my childhood that got thrown away :-(.

For a PC game, it was probably Roller Coaster Tycoon (1999). I would play it until my eyes were sore, and I still didn't want to stop :-D.

When I was five, we bought a PSone and my favourite games were Spyro 2, CTR, NFS III, Spiderman and Rayman 2. I've bought some PS1 games more recently including Chrono Cross (I really enjoyed the battle system) and Final Fantasy IX (I loved the dialogue in this game).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.