is anyone else having trouble with google maps?

Started by agentsteel53, April 21, 2011, 09:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdeane

Has anyone else noticed that streetview will sometimes lock into panning mode even after you release the mouse button?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Dr Frankenstein

Happens to me. My first intuition was that Flash wouldn't register the "Mouse button released" event if it occurs outside of the window, but after testing just now, I can't reproduce the bug, so I assume it's caused by something else.

Alps

That particular panning bug doesn't have a noticeable trigger. Something just doesn't register inside the system. Once it starts, you can't stop it. You can even click, drag, release, and it will keep panning.

NE2

It seems that most bugs (other than extreme slowness) are caused by doing things in quick succession, without waiting for the previous task to end.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

agentsteel53

this is about 2 minutes after I typed "memphis tn" into the search bar. 

ouch.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

stormwatch7721

Street View slowing down on me again after it was doing well for a couple of weeks.

cu2010

This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: agentsteel53 on May 10, 2011, 04:47:32 PM

ouch.

Jake, something tells me that you need to create a new profile for FF.  That should fix your problem.

Dr Frankenstein

Quote from: Steve on May 06, 2011, 06:01:23 AM
That particular panning bug doesn't have a noticeable trigger. Something just doesn't register inside the system. Once it starts, you can't stop it. You can even click, drag, release, and it will keep panning.
I actually found it yesterday. It happens when the mouse button is released while the pointer is in the mini-map in the lower-right corner of the viewport.

stormwatch7721

Google Maps is working again for me now.

Alps

Quote from: Dr Frankenstein on May 10, 2011, 10:55:24 PM
Quote from: Steve on May 06, 2011, 06:01:23 AM
I actually found it yesterday. It happens when the mouse button is released while the pointer is in the mini-map in the lower-right corner of the viewport.
That doesn't do it for me, so either FF4 doesn't cause that problem or it's just coincidence.

Scott5114

Quote from: agentsteel53 on May 10, 2011, 04:47:32 PM

ouch.

Obviously the Mississippi river floods have caused Memphis to float west to approximately Coffeyville, Kansas.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

agentsteel53

and, apparently, finished the I-70 corridor across to the Pacific ... strangely renumbering it I-40, which I don't think any of our Fictional Highways folks have ever quite suggested!  :-D
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

stormwatch7721

Google Maps has zooming problems. When I zoom using the center thing on my mouse, the red box doesn't appear.

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

stormwatch7721

The zoom on google maps is working again.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.