How many (and which) states have you lived in for at least 6 months?

Started by allniter89, July 19, 2011, 10:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allniter89

Continuing the "how many" theme  :hmmm:
How many (and which) states have you lived in for 6 continuous months?
Nine and a half for me, AK, DE, FL, IL, MA, MI, NC, NV, SC and the US terrritory of Guam. And only took 28 yrs to do it :)
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

corco

Ohio (July 1988-April 1989 - but returned multiple times per year for up to a month from 1989-2006), Illinois (May 1989-June 1997) , Idaho (July 1997-August 2006), Washington (August 2006-December 2008), Wyoming (January 2009-December 2010), Arizona (January 2011-present)

stormwatch7721

oscar

NC (born there, and returned as a child), MN, VA (briefly as a child, thirty years as an adult), CA, CT.

I spent summers in CA after I moved away, and DC.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Chicagosuburban

Bob Brenly for Cubs manager!

texaskdog

Minnesota (37 years), then Wyoming (2 months) back to Minnesota for a month, and then Texas the last 5 years.  No interest in living anywhere else unless I retired with more than one home.

elsmere241

New York, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Delaware, Utah (interrupted by almost two years in Italy), Delaware, North Carolina, Delaware, counting six-month or greater stays.

1995hoo

Three: Texas (born there), Virginia (lived here for the majority of my life, including now), and North Carolina (I attended Duke Law School for three years).

I spent three months in Alabama one summer for a job, and I spent one month in New Jersey one summer handling a patent infringement trial in Trenton, but those don't satisfy the "six continuous months" stipulation.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

hobsini2

Wisconsin from 0 to 4, Illinois from 4 to now, and college in Minnesota for 2 years.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

yanksfan6129

New Jersey. But that is about to change, assuming you include college (will be moving to NY for college in August).

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Duke87

Two:

- New York (1987-1990, and part time 2005-2009 for college)
- Connecticut (otherwise)
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

huskeroadgeek

California(birth to 2 years), Arkansas(college) and Nebraska(everything else).

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Bryant5493

Check out my YouTube page (http://youtube.com/Bryant5493). I have numerous road videos of Metro Atlanta and other areas in the Southeast.

I just signed up on photobucket -- here's my page (http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt24/Bryant5493).

BigMattFromTexas

I've been a resident of Texas for 5,700 days, or 15 years, 7 months, and 9 days, or 136,800 hours, or  8,208,000 minutes, OR 492,480,000 seconds!
But I stayed in Iowa for 3 months. With my family.
BigMatt

Brandon

In order, longest to shortest: Illinois (Will County), Michigan (Houghton County, Ingham County), Louisiana (East Baton Rouge Parish), Wyoming (Sweetwater County).
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Eth

Two states - Georgia (first 22 years, as well as the last 1 1/2 months); Maryland (2 1/2 years total, though the longest continuous stretch was just 2 years).

agentsteel53

the great Communist State of Hungary - May 1981 to June 1986.

Massachusetts - June 1986 to May 2004 (and this is why I consider Boston my home!  :sombrero: )

California - May 2004 to March 2006, Oct 2006 to Aug 2009, Apr 2010 to present (just when I thought I was out, they keep pulling me back in!)

New Mexico - August 2009 to April 2010

and honorable mention: Florida.  not 6 months, but I did get a driver's license in that state, so it must count for something.  March 2006 to August 2006.

you might wonder where I lived between August and October, 2006.  the answer is: I didn't.  I had a Florida mailing address for tax purposes, but I was a nomad.  Drove 53000 miles in that interval; 7 cross-country trips (3 1/2 full loops, explaining how I began in Florida and ended in San Diego), always taking the scenic route. 
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Brandon

Quote from: agentsteel53 on July 22, 2011, 08:53:34 PM
California - May 2004 to March 2006, Oct 2006 to Aug 2009, Apr 2010 to present (just when I thought I was out, they keep pulling me back in!)

"There's plenty of room at the Hotel California..."  :-D
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

on_wisconsin

"Speed does not kill, suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

golden eagle

cu2010

This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

NWI_Irish96

Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

dfilpus

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.