News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

NJ driving (Re: I-95 gap in NJ)

Started by agentsteel53, July 31, 2012, 01:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpzilliacus

Quote from: Takumi on August 02, 2012, 01:02:29 PM
Quote from: cpzilliacus on August 01, 2012, 11:09:31 PM
And I-95 between Petersburg, Va. and Florence, S.C.
Interesting inclusion, as I encountered left lane blocking on part of this stretch the other day. Southbound, the left lane becomes the right lane just south of I-295 (specifically Exit 45, when the right lane becomes the exit ramp), so if coming from Petersburg you'd have to consciously shift lanes. If you're coming from I-295, that becomes the left lane, so it could be that a lot of the left lane blockers between Petersburg and, say, Emporia are I-295 traffic that just never moved over to the right. The last time I was significantly further south of there was in extremely inclement weather, so there was little passing at all.

Yeah, it seems to be worse (in Virginia) southbound I-95 from Petersburg headed in the direction of Emporia, probably because some drivers from I-295 don't get in the right lane. 

Maybe because drivers have come from many, many miles of I-95 and I-295 north of Petersburg where there are at least three lanes in each direction?

But I have experienced it in longer doses across North Carolina (and traffic is much heavier on I-95 from Florence, S.C. to I-295 in Petersburg, than it is in South Carolina south of the I-20 interchange, so a Nestoring driver (frequently elderly, it seems - like the late Dr. Nestor) for many miles) really causes problems for everyone, including the many commercial vehicles that drive the freeway.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.