News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Have you named your cars

Started by roadman, July 24, 2013, 08:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1995hoo

Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on July 25, 2013, 09:18:18 PM
My car's name is Alan.

Okay, maybe not. I haven't named my car, but an ex-girlfriend of mine named it Rhonda. It ceased to be known as Rhonda when we broke up.

If it failed to start, you could sing a well-known song while trying to get it to crank.....
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

roadman

Quote from: Brandon on July 24, 2013, 10:45:01 PM
Yes, names have been given to the vehicles.

The Aries was "Bessy", like an old, dependable mule.  The Spirit was named "Raptor" due to its accelerator (Jurassic Park had just come out when we got the car).  The Grand Caravan was named "The Blimp" despite my father's protests.  And my car (Caliber) has acquired the name "Bubba" for some reason.

Of course, "the Blimp" is a better name than "the Hindenburg."
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

US81

I personally haven't named many (if any) of my cars, but I have sometimes accepted and used them when given by family members or friends. 

Over the years, I've had a red '64 Ford Falcon - the "Red Baron", 60's green Ford Galaxie - the "Green Hornet", a silver '82 Toyota Corolla-Tercel - "BEC" [Bug-Eyed Car], and a '98 blue Saturn SLII - "Telesto."   

I've probably had about an equal number of unnamed vehicles, including my current ride.

AsphaltPlanet

My car us Rebecca because her license plate starts out BEKK.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

allniter89

I had a 1968 Plymouth Satellite that I called The Tank. That thing was indestructible! I was in my 20's and dumb (and high), hmm maybe one was the result of the other :). I'd have a carload of buds errr friends and we would play "whatever you do dont....", it went something like this someone in the car would say "whatever you do dont run over that road sign or dont hit that mailbox or whatever", it was crazy. Those were crazy times, the car was indestructible and we thought we were too. Sadly we found out we werent as some of them died young :no::-( . Strange we lived in a village named Little Heaven in DE.
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

Pete from Boston

Quote from: 1995hoo on July 25, 2013, 07:37:32 AMI knew a guy in college named Brendan who drove a Saab and called it "Baab." That idiocy kind of turned me off the idea of naming cars.

Most car-naming I've encountered has been similarly cutesy, and there's only so much of that I can take.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.