News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

FL 408 East/West Expressway

Started by Max Rockatansky, January 20, 2019, 07:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

I drove FL 408 East from Florida's Turnpike to FL 527 on Orange Avenue today.  Had a second look at the new ramp being built to I-4:

https://flickr.com/photos/151828809@N08/sets/72157677937376038

Interesting to see that 408 hasn't been converted fully to some form of toll-by-plate since I last lived in Orlando.  I drove Orange Avenue southward out of Downtown later in the day, not a single 527 shield beyond what was on the FL 408 exit ramps. 

roadman65

FL 527 is not that well signed. Only at Sand Lake and from SR 408 it is. It's just like riding LA 23 in Plaquimines Parish, La.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: roadman65 on January 22, 2019, 03:25:44 PM
FL 527 is not that well signed. Only at Sand Lake and from SR 408 it is. It's just like riding LA 23 in Plaquimines Parish, La.

I could have sworn there was at one reassurance shield at one point north of Michigan on Orange Avenue.  I used to head north into downtown via Orange Avenue, maybe I'm thinking of a side street?

The Ghostbuster

Wasn't there a proposal to extend 408 eastward to SR-520? If so, will it be built anytime soon?

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on January 22, 2019, 04:35:02 PM
Wasn't there a proposal to extend 408 eastward to SR-520? If so, will it be built anytime soon?

Now it's I-95, I believe it was called OOCEA 2030?

roadman65

There are two agencies competing to get the connection completed to the coast.  FDOT wants to have SR 50 upgraded to freeway while CFX wants to build a new alignment to the south of SR 50.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: roadman65 on January 31, 2019, 11:22:19 PM
There are two agencies competing to get the connection completed to the coast.  FDOT wants to have SR 50 upgraded to freeway while CFX wants to build a new alignment to the south of SR 50.

Really if FL 408 was built closer to the FL 50/FL 520 junction it would clear up much of the traffic issues obstructing access from UCF.  I find it far fetched to have another coastal road when FL 528 is already available.

Max Rockatansky

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.