News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I-30 Now 10 Lanes With C/D Roads

Started by TheArkansasRoadgeek, November 30, 2017, 02:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheArkansasRoadgeek

In this article more concerns appear, regarding ARDOT and its plans for I-30. They have chosen to construct 10 lanes for this project, instead of 8.

One bridge in that area is going to feel the weight, soon. I have not seen plans including the I-30, I-630 interchange. Whether it will also be upgraded to accommodate the increased lanes and subsequent volume.
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

capt.ron

I think the existing I-30 bridge over the Arkansas River is slated to be replaced. AHTD wrote a post roughly a year ago showing the animations and everything.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: capt.ron on November 30, 2017, 02:41:30 PM
I think the existing I-30 bridge over the Arkansas River is slated to be replaced. AHTD wrote a post roughly a year ago showing the animations and everything.
Yes, it is, but there are concerns over the interchange design servicing downtown Little Rock and other comunities.

US71

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on November 30, 2017, 02:47:55 PM
Yes, it is, but there are concerns over the interchange design servicing downtown Little Rock and other comunities.

Last I saw, they are still arguing discussing it.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: US71 on November 30, 2017, 03:05:01 PM
Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on November 30, 2017, 02:47:55 PM

Last I saw, they are still arguing discussing it.
Apparently, they still are, judging by that article... :banghead: But, at least they have come to a decision on the number of lanes instead of hopping between 8 and 10.

cjk374

Sounds like years of headaches, barricades, orange cones/barrels, and traffic from hell coming soon.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

US71

Quote from: cjk374 on November 30, 2017, 08:23:01 PM
Sounds like years of headaches, barricades, orange cones/barrels, and traffic from hell coming soon.
Welcome to Little Rock
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

capt.ron

Quote from: cjk374 on November 30, 2017, 08:23:01 PM
Indeed. People will be using the I-440 bypass like crazy when they [finally] start the project.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.