Shows That could have been Faves if the network did not cancel them

Started by roadman65, November 17, 2018, 12:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D-Dey65

Quote from: jon daly on November 23, 2018, 08:35:05 PM
It was an awful day when jumptheshark.com was sold to TV Guide and all of their pages disappeared. Plenty of shows since then missed out on well-deserved jump the shark treatment. I didn't follow The Office regularly, but the Big Bang Theory is another show that's dragged on too long.
At least many of the old pages can still be saved on Internet Archives... and have been already.

bandit957

'Sesame Street' jumped the shark when they got "Elmo's World."
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

wanderer2575

Quote from: kevinb1994 on November 24, 2018, 10:03:34 AM
Quote from: abefroman329 on November 24, 2018, 07:58:51 AM
Quote from: MNHighwayMan on November 24, 2018, 05:20:55 AM
Quote from: kevinb1994 on November 23, 2018, 09:01:32 PM
Big Bang Theory ... Young Sheldon

Appropriate entries for a thread titled "Awful shows that should have been canceled but weren't."
Seconded.
Thirded.

I am perhaps the only person in America who has seen a couple episodes each of Seinfeld, South Park, The Simpsons, and Big Bang Theory, and disliked all of them.  Seinfeld had some funny stuff but the characters were such jerks that I couldn't enjoy it.  The others to me are just hands-down unfunny.

paulthemapguy

Quote from: abefroman329 on November 22, 2018, 12:58:32 PM
Quote from: paulthemapguy on November 22, 2018, 12:02:21 PM
The Dana Carvey Show.  It only lasted like 5-6 episodes before it was cut.  Look for the original episodes on Youtube.  They're downright hilarious.  You also get to see a young Steve Carell and a young Stephen Colbert in action.
Alas, the world wasn't ready for a sketch featuring Bill Clinton nursing a puppy during primetime on network television.

Is this really the reason it was cancelled?  That would be a really stupid reason.
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

Tonytone

Quote from: paulthemapguy on November 24, 2018, 05:08:13 PM
The Dana Carvey Show.  It only lasted like 5-6 episodes before it was cut.  Look for the original episodes on Youtube.  They're downright hilarious.  You also get to see a young Steve Carell and a young Stephen Colbert in action.
Alas, the world wasn't ready for a sketch featuring Bill Clinton nursing a puppy during primetime on network television.

Is this really the reason it was cancelled?  That would be a really stupid reason.
Are you shocked? Im surprised the Colbert show & the jon stweart show made it this far, even with the new people.

iPhone
Promoting Cities since 1998!

hbelkins

Quote from: wanderer2575 on November 24, 2018, 04:50:23 PM

I am perhaps the only person in America who has seen a couple episodes each of Seinfeld, South Park, The Simpsons, and Big Bang Theory, and disliked all of them.  Seinfeld had some funny stuff but the characters were such jerks that I couldn't enjoy it.  The others to me are just hands-down unfunny.

I never could stand Seinfeld, nor did I get the attraction for it. I also never became a fan of South Park. I liked The Simpsons at first but it got old quick. And I'm indifferent to Big Bang.

Quote from: Tonytone on November 24, 2018, 05:10:19 PM
Are you shocked? Im surprised the Colbert show & the jon stweart show made it this far, even with the new people.

I'm sure my opinion of those two douchebags will come as no surprise to anyone here.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

abefroman329

Quote from: paulthemapguy on November 24, 2018, 05:08:13 PM

I don't know the reason or reasons why it was canceled, but several people involved with the show think it was a bad idea. And that they should have listened to the network when they were advised not to do it.

And, to be clear, the issue wasn't that it was Bill Clinton. Any man would've been equally controversial.

Tonytone

Quote from: hbelkins on November 24, 2018, 05:39:20 PM
Quote from: wanderer2575 on November 24, 2018, 04:50:23 PM

I never could stand Seinfeld, nor did I get the attraction for it. I also never became a fan of South Park. I liked The Simpsons at first but it got old quick. And I'm indifferent to Big Bang.

Quote from: Tonytone on November 24, 2018, 05:10:19 PM

I'm sure my opinion of those two douchebags will come as no surprise to anyone here.
Id be mad to, if the jokes they were exposing, had something to do with me & the people that "I look up to"  seems like People cant handle the truths of what they are doing to other people. Thats America for you.

iPhone
Promoting Cities since 1998!

Alps

This was headed down a bad road the moment the word "That" was capitalized.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.