News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Off-Topic / Re: Minor things that bother y...
Last post by vdeane - Today at 09:33:13 PM
The enshitification of YouTube continues.  They've gotten rid of the option to disable autoplay, so if you don't want the video to advance, you have to catch it at the end (and they decreased the countdown to three seconds; I think they used to give 7-10).  Since I often use YouTube to listen to music while doing other things or have a video playing picture in picture, I often won't see the countdown until it's already too late.

Are they trying to drive people away from the platform?
Quote from: rickmastfan67 on April 26, 2024, 10:13:15 AMIn what way?  I'm getting alerts if I'm quoted, or have a post liked.  Are you sure you have the option turned on for your account?

I noticed the option had been turned off somehow. I turned it back on, and it still doesn't work.
Northeast / Re: New York
Last post by vdeane - Today at 09:29:50 PM
Quote from: Plutonic Panda on Today at 09:07:55 PMLol let's study flying cars then
Are you trying to be as obtuse and unreasonable as possible?
Southeast / Re: Charlotte
Last post by Tom958 - Today at 09:15:06 PM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on April 25, 2024, 10:40:08 PMI think Charlotte is trying to impress Tom958 with these APLs.  (https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10220246205985829&set=a.10220246332869001)

Ha, just saw this. Hey, the designers know what they're doing. Is there even one rogue APL in NC?
Last post by Plutonic Panda - Today at 09:07:55 PM
Lol let's study flying cars then
I would be fine with it, but June 29th is the Extra Miler's Club meeting in Lansing, MI.  It may be a nonissue, but there were concerns with Indy having been scheduled that weekend (though I am pretty sure that meet is being postponed).
The first batch of lanyards are done. I really emphasize you sign up if you've been to a meet period.
Asking this based on the response.

Would people prefer if I moved this to June 22?
Last post by vdeane - Today at 08:40:17 PM
Quote from: Plutonic Panda on Today at 11:30:38 AMWhy do they Even bother with tunnel options since we know, especially given a lot of posters here Who just go with the status quo of oh, it's too expensive. Doesn't make sense blah, blah blah.
DOTs need to study every option, even if unlikely to be implemented, in order to document everything related to it and support why it wasn't chosen.  Otherwise someone will say "why didn't you look at [insert option here]" and the project will get delayed to study it later.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.