Regional Boards > Great Lakes and Ohio Valley

Ohio

<< < (240/248) > >>

TempoNick:

--- Quote from: Dirt Roads on November 21, 2023, 09:38:54 AM ---
Yup.  When I was growing up, the "Three Rs" in West Virginia were readin', ritin' and "road to Columbus".  Nowadays they say "road to Carolina".

--- End quote ---

Fine by me. As the 7th most populous state, I think we have enough people.

Buck87:
Here is the plan for a roundabout at the intersection of OH 18 and OH 601, set to begin construction in late 2024:
https://www.dot.state.oh.us/projects/files/2023-1-17%20Plan%20Geometrics%20(2).pdf

This is located right next to Summit Motorsports Park and also an R+L Carriers distribution facility.

The reason for the middle circle having a piece cut out of it on the east side is to allow any future NASA test article movements between Mansfield Lahm Airport and Neil Armstrong Test Facility (Plum Brook) in Sandusky to more easily traverse the roundabout. The one at US 20 and OH 601 one mile to the north has the same feature.

For example, this is the type of vehicle that needs to get through there (seen taking the Orion Spacecraft to Sandusky for testing in 2019, this capsule later orbited the moon on Artemis 1 in 2022.)

seicer:
While it wasn't a notch, the new roundabout at the South Point interchange along US 52 needed revising right after it was completed as oversized trucks could not navigate it. I think they just lowered the profile of the center so trucks could more easily mount it.

zzcarp:

--- Quote from: Buck87 on November 29, 2023, 04:30:50 PM ---Here is the plan for a roundabout at the intersection of OH 18 and OH 601, set to begin construction in late 2024:
https://www.dot.state.oh.us/projects/files/2023-1-17%20Plan%20Geometrics%20(2).pdf

This is located right next to Summit Motorsports Park and also an R+L Carriers distribution facility.

The reason for the middle circle having a piece cut out of it on the east side is to allow any future NASA test article movements between Mansfield Lahm Airport and Neil Armstrong Test Facility (Plum Brook) in Sandusky to more easily traverse the roundabout. The one at US 20 and OH 601 one mile to the north has the same feature.

For example, this is the type of vehicle that needs to get through there (seen taking the Orion Spacecraft to Sandusky for testing in 2019, this capsule later orbited the moon on Artemis 1 in 2022.)

--- End quote ---

That intersection has been dangerous for years, so it's good to see the improvements being made. OH 601/Greenwich Milan Townline Road has always had a large traffic volume as a quasi-bypass of Norwalk for US 250 WB/OH 13 NB traffic.

My question is if they're running those oversized loads like that truck above, and they are big enough that they need to take a "notch" out of these roundabouts, how do they make the corner in Milan at OH 113? It seems like a truck that long would have quite a few difficulties maneuvering there.

Black-Man:

--- Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on November 21, 2023, 01:12:44 AM ---
--- Quote from: GCrites80s on November 20, 2023, 06:48:52 PM ---It's a lot harder for Sherrod Brown, J.D. Vance and Joe Manchin to bring home the bacon for Appalachian highway expansion since the public is no longer sold on it as the kind of surefire winner it was considered in the '60s '70s and '80s since the results aren't there. They can't stick their neck out for it even with how powerful Manchin seemed only a year or two ago.

--- End quote ---

All those highways have done is make it easier to leave Kentucky, West Virginia, and SE Ohio for more metropolitan locations (D.C., Cincy, Columbus, Pittsburgh for example)

--- End quote ---

OK... this is nonsense on another scale of absurdity. Drive down the US19 corridor and tell me with a straight face it had no impact Fayette and Raleigh counties in WV.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version