Regional Boards > Mid-South

I-14 in Texas

<< < (149/155) > >>

ethanhopkin14:

--- Quote from: CoreySamson on July 26, 2023, 04:11:42 PM ---Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a point for building that I-14 south idea at all. The other spurs, maybe, but if the biggest town you're serving with a redundant route has less than 2000 people, why on earth should you build it?

--- End quote ---

Because, Interstate.

sprjus4:
Not sure the US-190 “I-14 South”  is needed. The US-385 connection would be a good interim project to connect I-10 (San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Houston, etc.) to the Midland-Odessa metro with only around 70 miles of new construction / upgrades.

The US-83 leg is redundant to the proposed I-27 along US-277. IMO, the only one that is needed is US-83, and it should be the routing of I-27 - terminating at I-10. I-27 is not that useful / necessary south of I-10 IMO.

thisdj78:

--- Quote from: ethanhopkin14 on July 26, 2023, 01:54:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: longhorn on July 26, 2023, 01:48:32 PM ---https://txdot.mysocialpinpoint.com/i14systems

TxDot I-14 website

--- End quote ---

I-214 is a square!  lol!  Those 90 degree turns will be fun!

--- End quote ---

Lol, guess they didn’t have the ability to curve lines in their software.

Anyway, I wonder if Riverside Pkwy/SH47 will be part of that bypass.

Bobby5280:

--- Quote from: sprjus4 ---The US-83 leg is redundant to the proposed I-27 along US-277. IMO, the only one that is needed is US-83, and it should be the routing of I-27 - terminating at I-10. I-27 is not that useful / necessary south of I-10 IMO.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I don't see that US-83 thing to Junction getting built unless the possible South extension of I-27 is routed along it. The only point of sending I-27 down the US-277 corridor South of San Angelo is for the corridor to reach the border at Del Rio (or even go farther South from there to Laredo). I think a good argument could be made for pointing the I-27 corridor going out of San Angelo more in the direction of San Antonio (via a new terrain route from San Angelo to Junction).

I see the planners are still showing that W shaped nonsense for the I-14 path inside the Texas Triangle.

sprjus4:

--- Quote from: Bobby5280 on July 26, 2023, 11:49:21 PM ---I see the planners are still showing that W shaped nonsense for the I-14 path inside the Texas Triangle.

--- End quote ---
That is because the existing routes form a crooked routing. More than likely, this segment would be constructed on a new terrain alignment in a much straighter path.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version