Regional Boards > Mid-South

I-14 in Texas

<< < (151/155) > >>

Bobby5280:

--- Quote from: MaxConcrete ---The news (at least to me) is that the I-214 loop around Bryan-College Station is now officially part of the study.
--- End quote ---

It looks like they're still holding on to that very crooked W-shaped bull$#1t path for I-14. Just gotta stick with that ping-pong path right?

"I-214"? What kind of path is that going to take around Bryan-College Station? As it stands, they've already goofed up three attempted bypass routes for that metro already. There's TX-40, aka Fitch Parkway -a little stub of frontage roads that doesn't connect so well with TX-6. Then there's FM-2818, aka Harvey Mitchell Parkway. A lot of that could be upgraded into a freeway. But it would be a challenge to get both ends connected to the TX-6 freeway in Interstate quality. And then there's Raymond Stotzer Parkway, aka TX-47. That has a messy connection with Harvey Mitchell Parkway on one end and an easier to upgrade connection with TX-21 on the other end. But it doesn't lend itself to any sort of loop.

Does I-214 use up any of those existing roads or does it, as a bypass, just have to start over from scratch?

splashflash:

--- Quote from: Bobby5280 on October 01, 2023, 02:42:54 AM ---
--- Quote from: MaxConcrete ---The news (at least to me) is that the I-214 loop around Bryan-College Station is now officially part of the study.
--- End quote ---

It looks like they're still holding on to that very crooked W-shaped bull$#1t path for I-14. Just gotta stick with that ping-pong path right?

--- End quote ---

Well, if they want to deliver that on a silver platter, they probably will have resistance.  Some local politicians seem to think otherwise.  From https://www.kbtx.com/2022/03/21/interstate-14-could-take-15-20-years-come-fruition/
Mayor Karl Mooney said latest support of the new interstate would have it connect east through Huntsville instead of Madisonville.

I recommend engaging vigorously with the online TxDOT planning segment with exactly what you have written in these threads.

thisdj78:

--- Quote from: Bobby5280 on October 01, 2023, 02:42:54 AM ---
--- End quote ---

"I-214"? What kind of path is that going to take around Bryan-College Station? As it stands, they've already goofed up three attempted bypass routes for that metro already. There's TX-40, aka Fitch Parkway -a little stub of frontage roads that doesn't connect so well with TX-6. Then there's FM-2818, aka Harvey Mitchell Parkway. A lot of that could be upgraded into a freeway. But it would be a challenge to get both ends connected to the TX-6 freeway in Interstate quality. And then there's Raymond Stotzer Parkway, aka TX-47. That has a messy connection with Harvey Mitchell Parkway on one end and an easier to upgrade connection with TX-21 on the other end. But it doesn't lend itself to any sort of loop.

Does I-214 use up any of those existing roads or does it, as a bypass, just have to start over from scratch?

--- End quote ---

This is my guess for where a loop would go west of SH-6:

free image hosting sites

splashflash:
Looks like it will loop to the north and east.  https://www.bcrma.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/2020-RMA-Annual-Project-Report-Final.pdf  Have a look at page 12.

thisdj78:

--- Quote from: splashflash on October 01, 2023, 02:44:26 PM ---Looks like it will loop to the north and east.  https://www.bcrma.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/2020-RMA-Annual-Project-Report-Final.pdf  Have a look at page 12.

--- End quote ---

Interesting. Seems to make more sense to somehow combine the North and East portion with the one on my map above to make a complete loop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version