Meta > Suggestions and Questions

Tapatalk On the Fritz...Again

<< < (6/7) > >>

1995hoo:

--- Quote from: mvak36 on April 03, 2023, 09:21:51 AM ---So I guess I can still read threads but they are not organized into the regions like we have on the web version. I will give it a week to see if it fixes itself otherwise, I'll just get rid of the app. Thanks for your help everyone.

--- End quote ---

That depends on which view you use within Tapatalk. At the bottom of the screen, tap on "Forums." Despite that misleading name (most of us would consider it all a single "forum"), that view would normally give you the same organized list of regional, national, etc., subfora that you get when you view the website. I say "normally" because when I viewed it through Tapatalk just now, using the "Forums" view returned the error message shown above and it wouldn't display anything. When I instead tap "Discussions," it displays fine, but I tend not to use that view because it doesn't really fit with how my mind sorts the threads. Each view within "Discussions" is in reverse chronological order (whatever thread within a given view has the most recent reply goes to the top), regardless of the subforum in which the thread appears.

mvak36:

--- Quote from: 1995hoo on April 03, 2023, 11:28:14 AM ---
--- Quote from: mvak36 on April 03, 2023, 09:21:51 AM ---So I guess I can still read threads but they are not organized into the regions like we have on the web version. I will give it a week to see if it fixes itself otherwise, I'll just get rid of the app. Thanks for your help everyone.

--- End quote ---

That depends on which view you use within Tapatalk. At the bottom of the screen, tap on "Forums." Despite that misleading name (most of us would consider it all a single "forum"), that view would normally give you the same organized list of regional, national, etc., subfora that you get when you view the website. I say "normally" because when I viewed it through Tapatalk just now, using the "Forums" view returned the error message shown above and it wouldn't display anything. When I instead tap "Discussions," it displays fine, but I tend not to use that view because it doesn't really fit with how my mind sorts the threads. Each view within "Discussions" is in reverse chronological order (whatever thread within a given view has the most recent reply goes to the top), regardless of the subforum in which the thread appears.

--- End quote ---

I use the Forums view and that's what is giving me the issue. I don't mind the Discussions ones but I'm used to the Forums one and the layout on the website. I'll give it a week or so to see if they fix it.

Alps:
This may be what killed chat too.

Scott5114:

--- Quote from: Alps on April 03, 2023, 08:02:05 PM ---This may be what killed chat too.

--- End quote ---

It is. For whatever reason the PHP devs decided to change a bunch of stuff in PHP 8 that broke anything coded for PHP 7 and below.

Even my own code isn't immune. Apparently at a critical point in one of my scripts, PHP 7 passed "null" and PHP 8 passes an empty string (which is not equal to null, it's just a string with nothing in it). Since I had a conditional that tested for "null", that caused a fatal error. Changing the test to check for "false" rather than "null" (because an empty string is false but not null) fixed the error.

Rothman:
Hm.  For some reason, I can post in some threads but not others on Tapatalk (like this one).  On the website, everything's fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version