Regional Boards > Great Lakes and Ohio Valley

Indiana Notes

<< < (585/602) > >>

nwi_navigator_1181:
As promised, exactly three weeks to the day, crews are set to reopen the I-65 north to I-80/94 west ramp after intensive concrete repair. The I-65 south to I-80/94 west ramp reopened the previous week. After tomorrow, the northbound entrance from Ridge Road will reopen, and full access to Central Avenue will be restored.

However, a series of ramp closures will be taking place for winterization. High friction surface treatment will take place on seven ramps along I-80/94 and I-65:

I-80/94 east to both directions of Calumet Avenue (staggered closures, north first, then south)
I-80/94 east to Burr Street north
I-80/94 east to Indiana 152 North (Indianapolis Boulevard)
I-80/94 east to Kennedy Avenue northbound
I-65 south to Ridge Road
I-65 south to US 231 (to coincide with the current closure due to the concrete restoration project, both works will be completed upon opening)

These ramps share one common theme: exiting from a high speed corridor to a ramp requiring a drop in speed of at least 20 mph. The closures are staggered, with work expected to start this week and lasting through mid-October, weather permitting.

JREwing78:

--- Quote from: nwi_navigator_1181 on September 25, 2023, 09:39:19 PM ---However, a series of ramp closures will be taking place for winterization. High friction surface treatment will take place on seven ramps along I-80/94 and I-65:

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: nwi_navigator_1181 on September 25, 2023, 09:39:19 PM ---These ramps share one common theme: exiting from a high speed corridor to a ramp requiring a drop in speed of at least 20 mph.

--- End quote ---

Being just off Lake Michigan and prone to wicked lake effect snow showers, this friction treatment is certainly welcome.

vdeane:
Has anyone ever had their E-ZPass fail to read on the Indiana Toll Road before?  I think I had that happen when driving home from the Peoria roadmeet.  When I got to Westpoint, the light stayed red and never turned green in the E-ZPass lane.  After a few seconds of this, I just went, not knowing what to do (the gate arm was either up or non-existent; I don't know if I even realized that the ITR had gate arms until I got to Portage).  My ticket system toll from Portage to Eastpoint posted to my E-ZPass account a week ago, so now I'm worried that I'm going to be stuck with a violation notice or something.  It's weird, in all the years I've had an E-ZPass account, I've never had an issue with my transponder being read before.

Rothman:

--- Quote from: vdeane on October 02, 2023, 09:14:58 PM ---Has anyone ever had their E-ZPass fail to read on the Indiana Toll Road before?  I think I had that happen when driving home from the Peoria roadmeet.  When I got to Westpoint, the light stayed red and never turned green in the E-ZPass lane.  After a few seconds of this, I just went, not knowing what to do (the gate arm was either up or non-existent; I don't know if I even realized that the ITR had gate arms until I got to Portage).  My ticket system toll from Portage to Eastpoint posted to my E-ZPass account a week ago, so now I'm worried that I'm going to be stuck with a violation notice or something.  It's weird, in all the years I've had an E-ZPass account, I've never had an issue with my transponder being read before.

--- End quote ---
Nope.

Revive 755:

--- Quote from: vdeane on October 02, 2023, 09:14:58 PM ---Has anyone ever had their E-ZPass fail to read on the Indiana Toll Road before?
--- End quote ---

The toll plazas on the Indiana Toll Road seem to have issues in general - I'm recalling a stuck gate at a toll plaza making it on one of WBBM's traffic reports.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version