Regional Boards > Great Lakes and Ohio Valley

Indiana Notes

<< < (591/602) > >>

NWI_Irish96:

--- Quote from: ITB on November 16, 2023, 04:50:46 PM ---
"INDOT faces fiscal cliff without road funding changes"

INDOT and state legislators are increasingly concerned the transition to alternative-fuel vehicles will harm the budget in upcoming years. As a result, they're looking for possible answers.

--- End quote ---

It's almost as if decades of pandering to voters by cutting income and property taxes is harming infrastructure.

ITB:

On the INDOT TrafficWise website, the real-time messages on the state's Dynamic Message Signs, as well as Time Travel Signs, are viewable.

Check it out here.

Life in Paradise:

--- Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on November 16, 2023, 04:54:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: ITB on November 16, 2023, 04:50:46 PM ---
"INDOT faces fiscal cliff without road funding changes"

INDOT and state legislators are increasingly concerned the transition to alternative-fuel vehicles will harm the budget in upcoming years. As a result, they're looking for possible answers.

--- End quote ---
It's more of an advance notice of what could be a big problem.  What they should have done when they started the hybrid/electric registration charge is to make sure that the majority of those funds went towards replacing gas tax funding, which is the way its sold to the public.  A comparison to me would be for state governments taxing tobacco products to discourage usage and fund healthcare, and then complaining when there is not enough to fund the healthcare because usage is down.

It's almost as if decades of pandering to voters by cutting income and property taxes is harming infrastructure.

--- End quote ---

nwi_navigator_1181:
Work on I-65 and I-80/94 has officially wrapped up in Northwest Indiana. All lanes and ramps have been repaired and reopened.

Further downstate, work remains on the I-65 bridges over and south of Indiana 43 in Lafayette. The third lane being built is otherwise striped for use but not yet opened (likely won’t be until the bridges are completed).

With the exception of some work at the US 52 merge, all three lanes of I-65 southbound are open from just north of Indiana 47 to the south end of the work zone near Indiana 32. As you know, the old left-handed ramp to Lafayette Avenue no longer stands, and northbound traffic has been graded down to remove the old overpass. Strangely, a stub of the old C/D ramp (originally designed for those merging from Lafayette Avenue northbound - a merge that also no longer exists) still remains at the US 52 west exit. Crews have removed the temporary median barrier from I-65 northbound and will work to stripe the final configuration next week.

silverback1065:

--- Quote from: nwi_navigator_1181 on December 01, 2023, 10:03:58 PM ---Work on I-65 and I-80/94 has officially wrapped up in Northwest Indiana. All lanes and ramps have been repaired and reopened.

Further downstate, work remains on the I-65 bridges over and south of Indiana 43 in Lafayette. The third lane being built is otherwise striped for use but not yet opened (likely won’t be until the bridges are completed).

With the exception of some work at the US 52 merge, all three lanes of I-65 southbound are open from just north of Indiana 47 to the south end of the work zone near Indiana 32. As you know, the old left-handed ramp to Lafayette Avenue no longer stands, and northbound traffic has been graded down to remove the old overpass. Strangely, a stub of the old C/D ramp (originally designed for those merging from Lafayette Avenue northbound - a merge that also no longer exists) still remains at the US 52 west exit. Crews have removed the temporary median barrier from I-65 northbound and will work to stripe the final configuration next week.

--- End quote ---

My guess it that is staying that way because that entire interchange will be removed soon. and US 52 will leave 65 at the new exit at 300s, they'll probably remove it when that new exit opens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version