News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Most Common Out-Of-State License Plates In Your Area That DON'T Border Your Stat

Started by thenetwork, June 25, 2020, 10:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KCRoadFan

Quote from: Flint1979 on August 15, 2020, 07:53:00 PM
I just saw an extremely rare license plate on WB M-58 in Saginaw. It was a license plate from Hawaii.

How did that end up there?

KCRoadFan

Here in the KC area, I see a lot of Texas plates. Some Minnesota too (so, basically, the states along I-35).

mgk920

Quote from: KCRoadFan on August 17, 2020, 12:58:44 AM
I just saw an extremely rare license plate on WB M-58 in Saginaw. It was a license plate from Hawaii.

I believe that it is most likely a military service guy/gal who was ordered back to the mainland.

Mike

ethanhopkin14

Living in Austin sandwiched between Ft Hood and Randolph/Lackland in Sam Antonio, I see Hawaii frequently enough that it's just another license plat, but not terribly frequent. 

Flint1979

Not sure I looked at the plate because I wasn't sure what state it was. Then I looked closer and it said Hawaii at the top and Aloha State at the bottom and I thought how in the heck did that car get over here?

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: mgk920 on August 17, 2020, 03:14:06 AM

I believe that it is most likely a military service guy/gal who was ordered back to the mainland.

Mike

Not just military, but civilian as well, if the Federal government is paying your relocation expenses, they will ship your car. Had a co-worker when I worked in MD who moved from Hawaii and brought his car.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

kphoger

Heck, I've seen Hawaii on MN-23 between Wilmar and Saint Cloud.

Someone in our family spots a Hawaii license plate on probably half of our vacation trips.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Flint1979

I felt strange because it was just a rental car but I had to rent a car a couple weeks ago like I mentioned earlier in this thread it had Nevada plates on it. So I'm at a gas station not too far from my house filling the tank up and someone noticed the Nevada plate and asked if I was from Nevada, I said yeah I'm from Vegas just vacationing up here and then I saw a guy that I knew and he said what in the hell would you want to vacation in Saginaw, Michigan for? LOL.

ErmineNotyours

Quote from: wxfree on June 27, 2020, 03:26:15 PM
I have a question for a subcategory of this topic.  What out-of-state plates are most common in Hawaii?

On my one-week vacation in Maui, the only out-of-state plate I saw was Washington.  I think Hawaii is closer to California as its "bordering state".  Hawaii got Carl's Jr. before Western Washington.

6a

Quote from: frankenroad on June 29, 2020, 11:09:24 AM
Yesterday, I made a round-trip from Cincinnati to Columbus on I-71.   I saw an extraordinary number of Texas plates, especially northbound. 

One of them was for a kids ball team - is there a major tournament somewhere that would draw all these Texans?  The Little League Hall of Fame game is usually later in the summer, but one would probably take I-71 through most of Ohio to get to Williamsport from Texas.
I drive around 1,000 miles a week around Columbus and I've noticed a ton of Texas plates on the roads. New York is the second one that comes to mind, but that one makes more sense to me.

bing101

Here is a clip of moving Trucks in the city (San Francisco). You might be getting moving trucks with California License plates in your area as seen here

gonealookin

I doubt it's the "most common" but the one I notice a lot of in the summer around Lake Tahoe is Florida.  Must be whatever the opposite of a "snowbird" is.  They leave the heat and humidity behind, but unfortunately they're getting lungfuls of wildfire smoke this week.

Flint1979

I saw a Missouri license plate in Michigan today I had to do a double look at it because Missouri must have new license plates I have never noticed that one before.

TravelingBethelite

Quote from: Flint1979 on August 23, 2020, 09:58:36 PM
I saw a Missouri license plate in Michigan today I had to do a double look at it because Missouri must have new license plates I have never noticed that one before.

Yeah they started releasing them last year. Boring (and ugly, imo) in comparison to Missouri's old plates. The old plates had a lot more character than these.
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

Flint1979

Quote from: TravelingBethelite on August 23, 2020, 11:07:51 PM
Quote from: Flint1979 on August 23, 2020, 09:58:36 PM

Yeah they started releasing them last year. Boring (and ugly, imo) in comparison to Missouri's old plates. The old plates had a lot more character than these.
Much like Michigan's, which are usually boring and ugly. Just come up with one cool looking plate and stick with it and take the website and word Pure off the plate. I'm so sick of hearing the words Pure Michigan I could puke.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.