News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

State capitals without Interstate connections

Started by BridgesToIdealism, September 04, 2020, 06:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BridgesToIdealism

How many US state capitals don't have direct Interstate connections? The only one I can think of is Jefferson City, Missouri, but I'm sure there are others.
Matthew Wong; University of Indianapolis Class of 2024

ozarkman417

Jefferson City, MO is not far off from I-70, much like how Pierre, SD is not far off from I-90.

US 89

Fairly certain we've had this thread before. I believe the answer is now 4:

-Pierre, SD
-Jefferson City, MO
-Dover, DE
-Juneau, AK

Carson City, NV was also on that list until a few years ago, when I-580 was extended down from its previous endpoint south of Reno.

Rothman

Yeah, this has been covered multiple times going back to m.t.r, I am sure.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

STLmapboy

My home state's capital is one of them.

Although four don't have interstate connections, three of them are connected to an interstate by a four-lane divided highway (US-54 among others to Jeff City, US-83 to Pierre, DE-1 and US-13 to Dover). Only one without four lane road access (or any access) is Juneau.
Teenage STL area roadgeek.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.