News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

I-90 MassPike Extension Crossover at Comm Ave Bridge Dry Run

Started by roadman, May 31, 2017, 09:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman

This weekend, MassDOT will be setting up a crossover on I-90/Mass Pike Extension at the Commonwealth Avenue bridge in Boston.  This will be a dry run to test out the traffic control pattern for the Commonwealth Avenue bridge reconstruction.

Received this e-mail from MassDOT:

QuoteI-90 DRY RUN: Upcoming Lane Reductions on I-90 to Prepare for Commonwealth Ave Bridge Replacement Project

- From 11:59 PM on Friday, June 2, to 5:00 AM on Monday, June 5, MassDOT will reduce I-90 to 2 lanes in both directions between the Allston Interchange and the Beacon Street Overpass.
- MassDOT and its contractor will be conducting a "dry run"  of the traffic logistics on I-90 for the major construction that will take place from July 26 to August 14 .
- A "crossover"  on I-90 will direct all vehicular traffic to either the eastbound or westbound roadways at different periods of time — see the map below.

http://www.massdot.state.ma.us/portals/8/Images/highlightedProjects/CommAveBridge/CommAveCrossover.jpg
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.