News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Misheard song lyrics

Started by golden eagle, December 18, 2014, 07:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: Record Collector — Issue 326 — Mann Overboard — 16-OCT-2007
It sounded like 'douche' instead of 'deuce', 'cos of the technical process – a faulty azimuth due to tape-head angles, and it meant we couldn't remix it.  [...]  Apparently Springsteen thought we'd done it deliberately, which we hadn't, so if I ever saw him I'd avoid him and cringe away like a frightened little boy.

Manfred Mann
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kurumi

Periphery - Wildfire:
Actual: With a malicious intent, I'll take two to the head
Heard: Bubblicious intent, I'll take two to the head

Obviously Bandit's threads have an effect on all of us
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

tmoore952

Heard three of my long-time mishears (by me) over the weekend, but I can only remember two right now. If I remember the 3rd I'll post that one later.

Pearl Jam - "Elderly Woman Behind a Counter in a Small Town"
Actual lyric "Hearts and Thoughts they fade, fade away"
Misheard as "Arts and Farts they fade, fade away"

Bee Gees - "Night Fever"
Actual lyric - "I get higher in my walkin'"
Misheard as "I get higher in Milwaukee"

kphoger

Bon Jovi — Livin' on a Prayer — It doesn't make a difference if we're naked or not
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

vtk

Quote from: tmoore952 on October 04, 2023, 03:08:34 PM
Quote from: Henry on January 07, 2015, 12:16:12 PM
Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on December 31, 2014, 02:25:03 PM
Surprised no one's mentioned "Hold me closer, Tony Danza" yet.
Tiny Dancer from Elton John! That one made me LOL!

Reading through thread for first time to make sure I am not repeating anything in new posts.

As a result I am reading 8 or 9 year old posts.

I never got the Tony Danza reference (or better said -- thought it was funny) because that song was out several years before I ever heard of Tony Danza (I first heard of him on the "Taxi" TV show). So this must have been misheard by someone who does not remember a time without Tony Danza.

Phoebe Buffay on Friends thought the song was about Tony Danza

Quote from: kphoger on November 13, 2023, 12:29:21 PM
Bon Jovi — Livin' on a Prayer — It doesn't make a difference if we're naked or not

That's my preferred way to sing it. (By the way, if it doesn't make a difference, then why does he swear to it in another line?)
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.