News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Just got my dream showerhead

Started by Pink Jazz, October 08, 2023, 10:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Jazz

I saw ads for the Moen Verso rainshower/handshower combo, and Amazon had a deal on it, so I decided to buy one for myself.

Boy am I impressed. The rainshower provides impressive coverage and seems to have surprisingly good water pressure, and the handshower is good for rinsing and has even greater water pressure. The sliders on both the rainshower and the handshower are a nice feature to switch between an invigorating shower and a nice mist. If I would choose between the two modes I would prefer the mist spray mode.

I got the Eco-Performance (1.75 gpm) version in Spot-Resist Brushed Nickel. I moved my old Moen Engage handshower to the guest bathroom. This is way better than the more popular Delta In2Ition.

Max Rockatansky

Today I learned that "dream showerhead" is a thing.

dlsterner

Never thought that I would be posting about showerheads in AARoads ...

I have the Delta In2ition that Pink Jazz refers to, and I think that it is wonderful.  Although it's getting a little long in the tooth, so I may have to check out the Moen Verso to see how it stacks up.

LilianaUwU

Not gonna lie, any showerhead does the trick for me as long as it works.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: LilianaUwU on October 08, 2023, 04:46:11 PM

Why not lie and say that you need a specific showerhead?

Pink Jazz

Quote from: dlsterner on October 08, 2023, 04:29:21 PM
Never thought that I would be posting about showerheads in AARoads ...

I have the Delta In2ition that Pink Jazz refers to, and I think that it is wonderful.  Although it's getting a little long in the tooth, so I may have to check out the Moen Verso to see how it stacks up.

Note that the Moen Verso does not have a jet massage feature, so if you use that feature a frequently on your Delta In2Ition, that may be a deal breaker for the Moen Verso. I rarely used that feature on my old Moen Engage, and with my new Moen Verso, the mist spray feature is a huge upgrade for me.

LilianaUwU

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on October 08, 2023, 04:48:30 PM
Quote from: LilianaUwU on October 08, 2023, 04:46:11 PM

Why not lie and say that you need a specific showerhead?

I could get a redditor's showerhead. It's not like they use it anyways.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

SectorZ

Pink Jazz is the bandit of household plumbing appliances.

Scott5114

Quote from: SectorZ on October 08, 2023, 05:40:29 PM

I think he's in the pocket of Big Faucet.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Pink Jazz

Quote from: Scott5114 on October 08, 2023, 05:57:53 PM

I don't work in the industry, but know how to make good recommendations for quality and to increase home value. Moen is my favorite brand, but Delta and Kohler aren't bad either.

What bugs me is that many are steered by looks over quality, and buy off-brand fixtures to save money just because they look good. If I ever bought a house that had these I would immediately rip them out for Moen fixtures.

NE2

My partner brings her own shower head on vacation (along with plumber's tape and a wrench). Top that.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

jeffandnicole

My dad liked a showerhead at a motel so much, he asked to buy one at the front desk.

Scott5114

Quote from: Pink Jazz on October 08, 2023, 06:05:51 PM

I don't work in the industry, but know how to make good recommendations for quality and to increase home value. Moen is my favorite brand, but Delta and Kohler aren't bad either.

What bugs me is that many are steered by looks over quality, and buy off-brand fixtures to save money just because they look good. If I ever bought a house that had these I would immediately rip them out for Moen fixtures.

I imagine most people don't change their plumbing fixtures often enough to have a favorite brand, or even know which brands are the off-brands. I've owned my house for six years and I'm still using all of the ones that came with the house, mostly because I don't know how I'd go about installing new ones, and most of the fixtures work well enough I haven't been motivated to learn yet.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kkt

I have a showerhead.  It's okay.  I don't remember what brand it is.

mgk920

Is it one that does more than 'drip, drip, drip'?

Mike

kkt

Quote from: mgk920 on October 09, 2023, 12:51:24 AM
Is it one that does more than 'drip, drip, drip'?

Mike

It sprays.  I can pick it up from the fixture so it's easy to rinse my feet, or handwash laundry that I wash in the tub sometimes.

wriddle082

Quote from: NE2 on October 08, 2023, 10:14:21 PM
My partner brings her own shower head on vacation (along with plumber's tape and a wrench). Top that.

I do that too.  If the shower head at a hotel isn't up to snuff, I swap it out for my own, and put theirs back up before I check out.  My wife and kids really appreciated it the last time we all stayed in one room together.

formulanone

Quote from: Scott5114 on October 09, 2023, 12:21:15 AM

I imagine most people don't change their plumbing fixtures often enough to have a favorite brand, or even know which brands are the off-brands. I've owned my house for six years and I'm still using all of the ones that came with the house, mostly because I don't know how I'd go about installing new ones, and most of the fixtures work well enough I haven't been motivated to learn yet.

Two events overlapped for me to figure out my bathroom faucets: a long weekend of COVID isolation (major headaches for about 36 hours but no other symptoms) and a jammed rotating polarizer on my camera lens. The latter from the week before meant I hurriedly grabbed a narrow pipe wrench to pop the polarizer off the slightly-stripped lens threads. I'd left it in my bathroom closet probably due to some other distraction.

So with scads of time on my hand, I'd figured out how to disassemble the two sink faucets and the showerhead, though only the first two were dripping consistently. But I also had a few spare parts sitting around in a box in that linen closet. I took the faucets apart three times to get the seals back in order. It was a satisfying task with virtually no deadline and that single misplaced tool was an interesting way to use up 4-5 hours in between readying pics of Wisconsin road signs and completing expense reports in Concur.

For those keeping track, they're Moen faucets that came with the house. The Canon EF 50mm (f/1.8 II) lens is pretty darn sturdy for something almost entirely plastic and glass; despite using an Irwin pipe wrench to strip off a Tiffen 52mm circular polarizer, they're still in service on occasion. The Binax test came back negative, so I drove off in my Scion to next week's project because I wasn't feeling comfortable enough to fly Delta Air Lines.

1995hoo

A year or two ago when we needed to replace our Moen showerhead, which was showing signs of age, with another of the same model, Home Depot showed that it had been discontinued, so I ordered two so as to have a spare because we like that particular one. One of the things on my to-do list for today is to take down the current one and clean it (great use of a holiday, huh?).

I've never particularly liked the handheld showerheads. Just a matter of personal preference.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

formulanone

Quote from: 1995hoo on October 09, 2023, 08:57:32 AM
A year or two ago when we needed to replace our Moen showerhead, which was showing signs of age, with another of the same model, Home Depot showed that it had been discontinued, so I ordered two so as to have a spare because we like that particular one. One of the things on my to-do list for today is to take down the current one and clean it (great use of a holiday, huh?).

I've never particularly liked the handheld showerheads. Just a matter of personal preference.

I'll use the handheld showerhead attachment for washing dogs and washing the out-of-reach zones of the shower. But that's it.

Pink Jazz

Quote from: Scott5114 on October 09, 2023, 12:21:15 AM

Our house came with all Delta faucets, since our builder I presume had an exclusive contract with Delta. Our house currently has a mix of Moen and Delta fixtures. Shower valves are still Delta. Delta would probably be my #2 pick after Moen, with Kohler at #3.

For the major brands, Moen, Delta, and Kohler are considered the big three first-tier brands. Major second-tier brands would be American Standard and Pfister.

Even then, there are some luxury brands as well, Delta has historically split their brands into three major segments, Brizo at the luxury segment, Delta at the mid-range, and Peerless at the economy segment.

kphoger

My dream shower head is when I take the shower head off, and just use the pipe.  Except that the pipe sticks out from the shower wall far enough that I don't have to stand 1.5 inches from the wall the whole time.  Unfortunately, that last part never seems to work out.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on October 09, 2023, 01:04:55 PM
My dream shower head is when I take the shower head off, and just use the pipe.  Except that the pipe sticks out from the shower wall far enough that I don't have to stand 1.5 inches from the wall the whole time.  Unfortunately, that last part never seems to work out.

So in other words, shun the entire "shower" concept in favor of an oversized, wall-mounted faucet.

kphoger

Quote from: webny99 on October 09, 2023, 01:55:25 PM

So in other words, shun the entire "shower" concept in favor of an oversized, wall-mounted faucet.

Wall-mounted, yes.  Oversized, no.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on October 09, 2023, 02:59:04 PM
Quote from: webny99 on October 09, 2023, 01:55:25 PM

Wall-mounted, yes.  Oversized, no.

A regular sized faucet in that position wouldn't produce enough water to do much.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.