News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Happy New Year 2024!

Started by CNGL-Leudimin, December 31, 2023, 06:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNGL-Leudimin

Per the long standing tradition I come from the future (i.e. from the other side of the Atlantic :bigass:) to wish everyone who is still in the previous year a Happy 2024, now with one more day. This has been the first post of the year in my time zone, from Minor things that bother you:
Quote from: kkt on December 31, 2023, 06:02:39 PM
Quote from: Rothman on December 31, 2023, 05:50:58 PM
Quote from: jeffandnicole on December 31, 2023, 05:48:43 PM
Quote from: GaryV on December 31, 2023, 12:47:36 PM
Salvation Army spammed my wife with a text - during church this morning. Really?
If it was a sunrise service, I'd be piased also. But 10 or 11am? I mean, how are they supposed to know?
Minor things that bother me: People who don't turn off their audible notifications during church.  And yes, I have yet to be in a congregation where a phone beeps or goes off and a doctor or police officer has to run out of the room.

That's what "vibrate mode" is for.

Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Scott5114

How were the grapes this year?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

LilianaUwU

And Happy New Year to the only time zone that matters! /j
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Hunty2022

It is now 2024 for us folks on the East Coast!! I sure will miss 2023.

Time to see what 2024 has for the roadgeeking community.
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

kkt

Man, it's only 9 PM here, and neighbors are already making with the bang-bang.  Why can't they save it for a few minutes at midnight?

Big John

^^ I remember in the 1980s ABC would do the celebration in New York as they do now, but the celebration would also include Las Vegas at the same time, though it was 9:00 there.

Hobart

Happy new year from Milwaukee (and probably a bunch of other cities too).
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Rothman

Quote from: kkt on January 01, 2024, 12:08:54 AM
Man, it's only 9 PM here, and neighbors are already making with the bang-bang.  Why can't they save it for a few minutes at midnight?
We only had a couple go off here, all before midnight.

For the 4th of July, though, my town goes all out.  PA fireworks for hours.  Love it.

Happy New Year.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

roadman65

Happy New Year to everyone.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

ET21

The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Henry

Happy New Year; may 2024 be the greatest year ever!
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

bandit957

Might as well face it, pooing is cool

tmoore952

We did take our trip to visit friends in PA to celebrate the new year -- despite my reservations of catching other people's colds -- and have just got back home.

This afternoon, got to walk around dowtown Harrisburg PA. Believe it or not, this is the first time I've actually visited Harrisburg itself. Every other trip to that area has either been to visit friends in suburbs, or to pass by on the highway grid to ABE area, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, or Wilmington in the E-W direction, or Washington DC, Williamsport, or further north (Finger Lakes, Niagara Falls, Toronto) in the N-S direction.

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kphoger

We'll drink a cup of kindness yet / For the sake of Auld Lane sign.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.