News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

College football 2010

Started by golden eagle, September 14, 2010, 12:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Rod Hootenanny

I want to hear how a two loss Alabama team can still make it to the BCS championship game?  :sombrero:

Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

mightyace

A: Lots and lots of dollars under the table.  :-D
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: Adam Smith on November 06, 2010, 11:23:21 PM
I want to hear how a two loss Alabama team can still make it to the BCS championship game?  :sombrero:

At this point, it's hard to construct a realistic scenario that has anybody other than two of the four remaining unbeaten teams in the championship game. 
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

SSOWorld

Quote from: cabiness42 on November 07, 2010, 10:30:28 AM
I want to hear how a two loss Alabama team can still make it to the BCS championship game?  :sombrero:

At this point, it's hard to construct a realistic scenario that has anybody other than two of the four two "recognized" remaining unbeaten teams in the championship game.  

FIXED!! :sombrero:

There's no way that TCU and Boise State will make the championship game.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Alps

Quote from: Master son on November 07, 2010, 11:04:50 AM

At this point, it's hard to construct a realistic scenario that has anybody other than two of the four remaining unbeaten teams in the championship game. 

Unless Oregon and Auburn both lose.

NWI_Irish96

At this point, it's hard to construct a realistic scenario that has anybody other than two of the four two "recognized" remaining unbeaten teams in the championship game. 

FIXED!! :sombrero:

There's no way that a Big Ten team will make the championship game over Boise State/TCU.

Re-fixed.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

bogdown

Some Notes on various things:

1. The Computer Rankings can only tell that you win your game, but not the score. Say Oregon defeats Auburn 13526-3, the computer reads that as: 1.Oregon beats 2.Auburn or yesterday's TCU-Utah game. That only registers as 3.TCU over 5.Utah

2. Also, the computer rankings only tell strength of schedule up to the day of the game played. The computer doesn't have Oregon playing 18.Arizona, or Boise playing 21.Nevada, or TCU playing their 2 remaining cupcakes(SDSU (oh wait, the AP polls have them 27th, as the second highest unranked) & UNM(damn, should be a blowout since Oregon beat them 72-0[see #1])) on it's SOS

3. Staying on the SOS, we look at the 4 undefeateds and the teams they played: Oregon has beaten the #6 and are going to play the 18th team. Auburn has beaten the #5,14, 19 and 23 teams and are going to play the #12, TCU has beaten the #14 team, Boise has beaten the #20 team and are going to play the #21 team

4. The only way I can see Alabama in the NC game is if Auburn loses it's last two (UGA and 'Bama) and LSU loses one(most likely to Arkansas) creating 3 two-loss-teams (or they lost twice, eliminating them), and, going through the SEC tiebreaking Formulas(head-to-head vs ARK[next best team in west]), LSU is eliminated. Alabama has defeated Auburn, so they would move on. They must kick-ass in the SEC Title game to have any shot at moving on to the NC.

5.For the final weeks, watch Boise State in Reno, Oregon in Corvallis, OR, Auburn in Tuscaloosa, AL, LSU in Fayettville, AR, Wisconsin in Ann Arbor, MI(the Big House), Nebraska in College Station, TX, Michigan State in State College, PA. Top teams with not-so-easy road games. The two teams missing: TCU(They do play SDSU in Ft. Worth(see #2)) and Oklahoma State(vs. 16 Oklahoma in Stillwater)

6.Glancing at the our new BCS standings: there are 3 teams from the Pac-10, 7 teams from the SEC, 4 teams from the Big Ten, 6 teams from the Big 12, 1 team from the ACC, 0 from the Big East, 2 from the MWC, 2 from the WAC. Apparently, 3 losses in a major conference is right behind a One-loss Nevada and ahead of a Two-Loss SDSU

7. "Cal lost to Nevada (THEY ARE RANKED), Washington State lost to freaking SMU (THIS IS INEXCUSABLE), Washington lost to BYU (BYU SUCKS THIS YEAR), and Oregon State lost to BSU and TCU (THIS IS ACTUALLY EXCUSABLE)" Notice that besides OSU, this is the crapper of this conference.

tl;dr
No, nobody died

SSOWorld

Quote from: AlpsROADS on November 07, 2010, 03:11:53 PM

Unless Oregon and Auburn both lose.
Nope - look at this week's.  The humans have now rigged the system.  Even though TCU is 2nd in the computer rankings, they remain 3rd in the Human polls.

LSU will jump Boise State if they keep winning - and likely TCU.

In the end, it's up to the bowl committees who goes to the games.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

I would like to see a 5 way tie for first in the SEC West with LSU, MSU, Alabama, Auburn, and Arkansas all have 7-2 conference records.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.