April 29
1 (16.7%)
May 6
1 (16.7%)
May 13
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

dgolub

There are a couple of significant construction projects now underway in Suffolk County here on Long Island, so I'd like to host a meet centered around them soon.  They are the reconstruction of exit 53 on the Long Island Expressway (I-495) where it meets the Sagtikos Parkway, adding new ramps to Crooked Hill Road (CR 13), and the next phase of the Nesconset Highway (NY 347) improvements, which will involve widening it to extend the six-lane section further east through where it currently has only four lanes.  While we're in the area, we can also go see the new traffic circles on New York Avenue (NY 110) in Huntington.  I've thinking of holding it some time in March or April.  Please let me know if you're interested, and if so, what dates are good for you.

74/171FAN

I wish I could vote for any day but March 18th and May 6th.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

baugh17

Quote from: dgolub on January 21, 2023, 08:58:04 AM
There are a couple of significant construction projects now underway in Suffolk County here on Long Island, so I'd like to host a meet centered around them soon.  They are the reconstruction of exit 53 on the Long Island Expressway (I-495) where it meets the Sagtikos Parkway, adding new ramps to Crooked Hill Road (CR 13), and the next phase of the Nesconset Highway (NY 347) improvements, which will involve widening it to extend the six-lane section further east through where it currently has only four lanes.  While we're in the area, we can also go see the new traffic circles on New York Avenue (NY 110) in Huntington.  I've thinking of holding it some time in March or April.  Please let me know if you're interested, and if so, what dates are good for you.

I would like to get back down to LI (Last visit was in 2017).  Any of those dates are open for me, though later is better.  And if it falls on a weekend when the Mets are home, even better.  I'm tentatively planning a trip to Virginia to visit in-laws the week following Easter so that may play into things a little (I saw the weekend of and after were not among the options).

dgolub

Quote from: baugh17 on January 21, 2023, 08:46:39 PM
Quote from: dgolub on January 21, 2023, 08:58:04 AM

I would like to get back down to LI (Last visit was in 2017).  Any of those dates are open for me, though later is better.  And if it falls on a weekend when the Mets are home, even better.  I'm tentatively planning a trip to Virginia to visit in-laws the week following Easter so that may play into things a little (I saw the weekend of and after were not among the options).

Yes, one of those weekends is Passover and the other is my niece's birthday, so I'm assuming that they're both out on my end.

Alps

I would request a mod open this up so that the user can select multiple options.

Laura

May 6th is my meet day, so obviously not then!

The only dates I could do are March 18 and March 25.

dgolub

All right, going with the consensus and making it March 18.  The Facebook event is now up here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1309599826254070

SSOWorld

Quote from: Alps on January 23, 2023, 11:11:08 PM
I would request a mod open this up so that the user can select multiple options.
Done - 3 votes.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

tckma

Quote from: dgolub on February 12, 2023, 01:05:12 PM
All right, going with the consensus and making it March 18.  The Facebook event is now up here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1309599826254070

My car needs new tires and new brakes.  I'm getting the brakes done on the 17th and the tires on the 21st.  I'm not driving from Philly to Lawn Guyland and back with one of my tires being a donut, even with new brakes.  I'm going to have to bow out of this one -- unless I can take SEPTA to Amtrak to LIRR and then carpool with someone or just carpool the whole way.

baugh17

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.