News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Remaining button copy in Arizona

Started by AzNate, October 09, 2023, 02:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AzNate

As a signage enthusiast, I love button copy signs and wanted to document the locations and take pictures of such signage that I came across, which is why I started the Button Copy Signage page on my website. With the surprising (to me) amount of button copy left in Arizona, especially in some locations where I least expected it, I decided to make a map to help track the remaining button copy signs in the state and to help me see what I need to photograph for my website. I hope this map is of use to others who are also interested in finding Arizona's remaining button copy and I welcome any help regarding pictures, locations of signs that I missed, or any other info to make this map as accurate as possible.

Here's the link: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1WkDKfRkBnoWKO2iMli4Vpug9fEMWwk8&usp=sharing

Pink Jazz

Quote from: AzNate on October 09, 2023, 02:21:51 AM
As a signage enthusiast, I love button copy signs and wanted to document the locations and take pictures of such signage that I came across, which is why I started the Button Copy Signage page on my website. With the surprising (to me) amount of button copy left in Arizona, especially in some locations where I least expected it, I decided to make a map to help track the remaining button copy signs in the state and to help me see what I need to photograph for my website. I hope this map is of use to others who are also interested in finding Arizona's remaining button copy and I welcome any help regarding pictures, locations of signs that I missed, or any other info to make this map as accurate as possible.

Here's the link: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1WkDKfRkBnoWKO2iMli4Vpug9fEMWwk8&usp=sharing

All the button copy signs on the Price Freeway are gone now.

machias

There's one left Alvernon NB to Golf Links EB in Tucson. I don't know how much longer it's going to be there; it'll probably be replaced soon with some unfortunate monstrosity by the city of Tucson or Pima County.

The Ghostbuster

I dislike button copy signs. I think they look ugly. I wouldn't be upset if button copy signage becomes obsolete and usage of it is abandoned nationwide (and worldwide if any other country uses it).

AzNate

Quote from: Pink Jazz on October 09, 2023, 09:52:08 AM
All the button copy signs on the Price Freeway are gone now.

On the freeway, yes, though there are still old Frontage Rd "guide signs" that have been left untouched forever. (Unless you mean to say that they've recently been removed.)

Quote from: machias on October 09, 2023, 12:08:25 PM
There's one left Alvernon NB to Golf Links EB in Tucson. I don't know how much longer it's going to be there; it'll probably be replaced soon with some unfortunate monstrosity by the city of Tucson or Pima County.

Thanks, I'm surprised to see that one still remains there. I had assumed all the signs around that interchange had been replaced. I really need to go down to Tucson again to take some pictures, as my list of things to see there is ever-growing.

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on October 09, 2023, 12:21:12 PM
I dislike button copy signs. I think they look ugly. I wouldn't be upset if button copy signage becomes obsolete and usage of it is abandoned nationwide (and worldwide if any other country uses it).

Well, old button copy is usually replaced with new reflective signage, since usage of it has been abandoned nationwide, so I'd say those goals have already been reached. My main interest with button copy is just their uniqueness, rarity, and the fact they're most likely doomed to be replaced someday. Also, I do really like the way the text and borders with button copy light up at night.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.