Which states are using Partial APL signs?

Started by SkyPesos, June 08, 2023, 09:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyPesos

I've been seeing partial APL signs used more in states around me. I like them over full-sized APLs in most use cases, as they either eliminate the through traffic pullthrough portion of a full APL, or shorten it so it's not over the whole width of the through lanes. Here are some examples in Michigan (pull-through part over 2 of 4 through traffic lanes, including the shared through traffic/exit lane), Kentucky (pullthrough over the shared through/exit lane only and Indiana (no through route pullthrough).

What are some other states that use them?

Rothman

Quote from: SkyPesos on June 08, 2023, 09:53:19 PM
I've been seeing partial APL signs used more in states around me. I like them over full-sized APLs in most use cases, as they either eliminate the through traffic pullthrough portion of a full APL, or shorten it so it's not over the whole width of the through lanes. Here are some examples in Michigan (pull-through part over 2 of 4 through traffic lanes, including the shared through traffic/exit lane), Kentucky (pullthrough over the shared through/exit lane only and Indiana (no through route pullthrough).

What are some other states that use them?
I believe Utah does.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.