News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Interstate 69 Fan

Rainy. Had some flooding earlier in my backyard.
Apparently I’m a fan of I-69.  Who knew.

jakeroot

Quote from: Hurricane Rex on February 21, 2018, 09:26:10 PM
Quote from: jakeroot on February 21, 2018, 07:12:04 PM
Winter weather advisort for my area of Pierce County, Washington: up to an inch of snow is expected this evening and through tonight. Better stock up on bottled water and fuel!

I can relate to that for tomorrow however 1-4 inches for me.

Ended up with around 3 inches. Now, it's a beautiful, sunny day. Still chilly though. Mid 30s.

https://twitter.com/jakeroot/status/966786065108410368

kkt

Snow is falling but can't decide whether to stick.

Hurricane Rex

Small chance of snow tonight but don't think its gonna happen. Temps are below freezing though for the next 3 days as lows.
ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

Buck87

55 and Sunny. This is one of the nicest days we've had so far this year, and I took advantage of it by going for a 4 mile walk on the local bike trail.

gonealookin

We like snow here, and it would be great if this actually happens.  At Lake Tahoe (6229') it would easily double the snow we've had all season so far.

D-Dey65

A cool night and a bright moon, and apparently 66 degrees near me.

Not cold though. I would prefer to see that up north where it belongs.

7/8

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on February 27, 2018, 09:20:55 PM
It's 55 degrees here in LA and I'm freezing LOL.

It was a high of 12°C (54°F) and sunny here in Kitchener and it was great! I didn't even need my tuque and gloves :thumbsup:

webny99

Quote from: 7/8 on February 27, 2018, 09:42:10 PM
Quote from: Plutonic Panda on February 27, 2018, 09:20:55 PM
It's 55 degrees here in LA and I'm freezing LOL.

It was a high of 12°C (54°F) and sunny here in Kitchener and it was great! I didn't even need my tuque and gloves :thumbsup:

Same here - 50 degrees, sunny, breezy. I went without a coat. I could totally take this weather year round  :nod:

hotdogPi

No coat for me today, either. High around 53.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Eth

Mid-60s in Atlanta today, though it felt somewhat colder due to wind.

Rain tomorrow, to be joined by wind Thursday. Wind sticks around for Friday, but then it looks like we may get to see multiple days of sunshine for the first time in about three weeks, with fairly normal early-March temperatures (low 40s/low 60s).

Max Rockatansky

About a high of 55 F.  Rained a pretty decent amount this morning but nothing that stopped me from going outside to run.  Apparently we're getting a nasty storm with .75 inches of rain on Thursday, good thing I'm buying new tires.

Alps

Quote from: gonealookin on February 27, 2018, 09:32:20 PM
We like snow here, and it would be great if this actually happens.  At Lake Tahoe (6229') it would easily double the snow we've had all season so far.

I am so glad I got through there last weekend! This is gonna shut things down for a bit...

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Alps on February 27, 2018, 11:45:40 PM
Quote from: gonealookin on February 27, 2018, 09:32:20 PM

I am so glad I got through there last weekend! This is gonna shut things down for a bit...

I was planning on taking 88 over the Sierras at the end of the month.  I just visited Yosemite for the first time this year a week or so back, the snow level was up at about 7,000 feet at the time.  Kind of amazing how fast the season has turned, it was warming up and looking like it was going to be a dry a winter.

Hurricane Rex

All you people having 50-60 degree highs while Portland now has another snow threat and it was 44 today and getting colder. Too bad I actually like the cold except for race day (Saturday this week and its supposed to be 45 as the high with my race at 8 pm).

Running till I die.

CNGL-Leudimin

Even my area is getting snow right now. One inch already and counting. Too bad it will turn into rain later today...
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Interstate 69 Fan

Got to 63 yesterday, and we are back down to high 50’s today  :banghead: I want spring already.

We were at 86 last week! Ups and downs.
Apparently I’m a fan of I-69.  Who knew.

webny99

I woke up to 14 inches of snow on my front walk this morning. Just another day in Upstate NY.  :sleep:

Hurricane Rex

Another bust in the snowfall forecast for Portland. Just nothing even in the sky and 37 degrees with clearing skies. Good for my race tomorrow though :bigass:

Running till I die.

cl94

Well over a foot of snow at this point. Some places southwest of Albany have gotten 3 feet so far. So much for this thing being all rain.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

hotdogPi

Quote from: cl94 on March 02, 2018, 03:49:02 PM
Well over a foot of snow at this point. Some places southwest of Albany got have 3 feet so far. So much for this thing being all rain.

It's all rain here, but it's pretty heavy.

jp the roadgeek

Quote from: 1 on March 02, 2018, 03:54:02 PM
Well over a foot of snow at this point. Some places southwest of Albany got have 3 feet so far. So much for this thing being all rain.

It's all rain here, but it's pretty heavy.
Same here in the CT valley, but go up in the hills north or west of Waterbury, and there was snow, with almost a foot in parts of Litchfield County.  Forecasters are still trying to push the idea that wraparound moisture will hit the valley and the Worcester and NE CT hills, but it's still 40 degrees where I am.  Today was weird in that NYC got snow and we didn't.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

webny99

Well over a foot of snow at this point. Some places southwest of Albany have gotten 3 feet so far. So much for this thing being all rain.

Final total for my house is 16 inches. Unlike most storms this time of year, accumulations increase heading south (usually late-season snow hits near Lake Ontario hardest). Only 10 inches up in Webster, but closer to 20 inches down by Routes 5 and 20.

Roads were ugly this morning, but were completely dry by early afternoon. Empty, too - I had the cruise set at 75 mph for the entire length of I-590. That's an impressive feat unto itself, not to mention at rush hour on a day when we just got landed with over a foot of snow. Goes to show that the storm warnings scare off the bad drivers :)

hotdogPi

8:10 PM: heavy rain
8:30 PM: heavy snow  :banghead:

jp the roadgeek

We're paying the price for no snow on Friday.  About a foot so far and still going :banghead:.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.