News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

How long were you the newest member of the forum?

Started by idk, October 15, 2020, 01:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idk

When you first joined this forum, how long were you the newest member?

For me, it's 5 days.

renegade

About a minute ...  :bigass:

Actually, the next person after me was about fourteen hours later, but has never been active.
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

jakeroot

Never really thought about this. According to the member list, just a hair under two days:

jakeroot (formerly 'jake'): 21 Oct 2013 @ 20:34:51
jardine: 23 Oct 2013 @ 18:28:51

DandyDan

MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

Max Rockatansky

webny99

There were actually 3 others that joined the forum on the same day as me, and one the next day. I'm listed last, and it's not alphabetical, so I have to assume I was the newest overnight.  :D

1995hoo

Quote from: webny99 on October 15, 2020, 08:59:07 AM
There were actually 3 others that joined the forum on the same day as me, and one the next day. I'm listed last, and it's not alphabetical, so I have to assume I was the newest overnight.  :D

You can check each user's profile to find the exact moment of registration. In my case, for example, bzakharin was the next member to register after I did. Our profiles show that I registered at 12:48:52 and bzakharin registered at 14:58:58 on the same day, so two hours, ten minutes, and six seconds later.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

webny99

Quote from: 1995hoo on October 15, 2020, 09:17:55 AM
Quote from: webny99 on October 15, 2020, 08:59:07 AM

You can check each user's profile to find the exact moment of registration. In my case, for example, bzakharin was the next member to register after I did. Our profiles show that I registered at 12:48:52 and bzakharin registered at 14:58:58 on the same day, so two hours, ten minutes, and six seconds later.

Aha! So my original theory turned out to be correct. I was last on that date, registering at 11:22:39 PM
Paulinator66 was next to register at 02:51:04 PM the next day. So, my technical answer is that I was the newest member for a span of 13h 28m 25s.

But the reality is that the vast majority of new registrants don't even end up making a post, much less contributing regularly.
For context, I joined in 2017. There are only 5 users that joined in the entire year 2017 that have gone on to become regular contributors: myself, Flint1979, ilpt4u, Roadgeekteen, and US 89.

kphoger

I had neither looked this information up, nor cared about it at all.  But here goes...

Date Registered: November 20, 2011, 04:49:46 PM – kphoger
Date Registered: November 20, 2011, 07:41:07 PM – BlueNacho

2h 51m 21s
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

STLmapboy

According to the member list, I registered on May 4, 2020, at 8:55pm. The next new member was 59 minutes later (Sani, at 9:54pm). So I was the newest member for just under an hour.
Teenage STL area roadgeek.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

index

Around a day and a half. Next member after me is GaryA at September 14, 2016, 01:29:23 PM, my time is September 13, 2016, 02:46:37 AM.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

formulanone

I joined the forum on January 31, 2011. It appears that hobsini2 had joined about 38 hours before I did and then route29 its journey 35 hours after me.

ozarkman417

Because of me, Route66Fan was the newest member for only 10 hours. I was the newest member for 3 days, 1 hour, or until Damajah joined. If you only count people who have posted, another 1 day and 1 hour can be added.

TheHighwayMan3561

About 36 hours. I was one of the original batch of registrees on this board.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

zzcarp

So many miles and so many roads

GaryV

CNGL-Leudimin

Less than two hours, and this was the day before the world "ended"  (2012, December 20).
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

clong

kphoger

While most of us had a barely-active member join shortly after, I do enjoy seeing some of you post that a still-active member was the next or previous one to join.  For example, hobsini2 followed by formulanone.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

Also, 1995hoo and bzakharin.
It's going to happen more with original members, because basically everyone that signed up in the early days wanted to be a contributor.

formulanone

Quote from: kphoger on October 15, 2020, 03:37:21 PM
While most of us had a barely-active member join shortly after, I do enjoy seeing some of you post that a still-active member was the next or previous one to join.  For example, hobsini2 followed by formulanone.

Usually a forum has loads of one-post and zero-post members, so it's kind of rare. AARoads already had a forum for about 2 years after I'd joined; though I think I'd lurked for at least two weeks beforehand...

thspfc

How do you figure that out? I registered on March 29, 2019 at 8:39 AM. I remember that day very well. I was somewhere in the Nebraska panhandle going east on I-80 (not driving, I can assure you). The weather was awful and the roads were really slippery. Must have seen 20 cars in the ditch between the WY state line and Omaha.
Edit: Okay, it looks like I was the newest member for 1 day, 6 hours and 34 minutes. "Oldiesmann" was next to register on March 30. He has only three posts and has not logged in since Februrary. The next somewhat active member to register was SoCal Kid on March 31.

thspfc

Quote from: formulanone on October 15, 2020, 05:18:50 PM
Quote from: kphoger on October 15, 2020, 03:37:21 PM

Usually a forum has loads of one-post and zero-post members, so it's kind of rare. AARoads already had a forum for about 2 years after I'd joined; though I think I'd lurked for at least two weeks beforehand...
Two weeks? I was a lurker for at least a year. This thread about runaway truck ramps, of all things, was the thread that brought me to the forum in late 2017 or early 2018: https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=16976.0

kphoger

Quote from: thspfc on October 15, 2020, 05:43:16 PM
How do you figure that out?

Go to the 'MEMBERS' area of the site, then sort by 'Date Registered'.  Find the page with your join date, and look at the profile of the one who joined right after you.
Male pronouns, please.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.