News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

To nobody's real surprise....

Started by ctsignguy, June 01, 2009, 08:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctsignguy

Cody's board is gone...replaced by something called "Bridges and Buildings"

*shrugs* not gonna bother registering with that, but i think it kinda puts the ending point of that bit of childishness Cody displayed in the past for good....

besides, signs and roads are more fun!   :)

Just glad that AARoads agreed to give this Forum idea another whirls with some real adults running the show...
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

akotchi

I've looked in on the B&B forum a couple times -- I have enough of an interest in bridges to be curious.  I'd be interested to see how long that forum stays up.
Opinions here attributed to me are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer or the agencies for which I am contracted to do work.

US71

Quote from: froggie on June 01, 2009, 09:37:37 PM

Signs are okay, but I prefer seeing the sign in context, instead of the sign in close-up.  My photography style reflects that...(for those who have purviewed my photo collection).

Same here: I like including a little bit of background or surrounding scenery. :nod:
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

bugo

Quote from: ctsignguy on June 01, 2009, 08:12:39 PM
Cody's board is gone...replaced by something called "Bridges and Buildings"

*shrugs* not gonna bother registering with that, but i think it kinda puts the ending point of that bit of childishness Cody displayed in the past for good....

I wish I was as optimistic as you are.
Just glad that AARoads agreed to give this Forum idea another whirls with some real adults running the show...

The word "adult" doesn't come to mind when I think of most of the admins and mods on this site (including myself...)

bugo

Quotebesides, signs and roads are more fun!

Depends who you ask.  I know many who are more interested in bridges and/or buildings.

I'm every bit as interested in certain types of bridges as I am in roads and signs.
Signs are okay, but I prefer seeing the sign in context, instead of the sign in close-up.  My photography style reflects that...(for those who have purviewed my photo collection).

Same here.  I also like photos of scenery, especially when roads are involved.

agentsteel53

I personally put the "dolt" in "a-dolt admin staff"
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Alps

"bugo", I thought about editing your post to throw some "poops" in there but then that would just prove your point...

J N Winkler

I don't think his site is going to take off--it sounds like it is meant to compete with SkyscraperCity and that is much more firmly established.  Anyway, what regular forum posters want and need is responsible management, and that is where he really fell down.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Chris

Quotebesides, signs and roads are more fun!

I try to take a picture of the road and the sign in one. I used to focus on the signs only, but pictures become a bit boring then if you have thousands of them. It's not always easy to do that though, especially for someone like me who takes nearly all his pictures from a moving vehicle.

Greybear

I don't know if anyone is aware of this or not but I tried to access that forum, mainly for craps and giggles, and found it gone. Anyone know the skinny about that or not? Just curious.

akotchi

It has been down (and out?) since yesterday afternoon at least.  Last I looked in, there had been no posts since June 1.
Opinions here attributed to me are mine alone and do not reflect those of my employer or the agencies for which I am contracted to do work.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.