News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What Browser Do You Use?

Started by Lyle, January 27, 2009, 04:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyle

I'm just wondering what Web browser you use, particularly to view AAROADS and this Forum? It seems most people I know or have worked with use Microsoft Internet Explorer, but I prefer Mozilla Firefox.

Chris

I use Firefox too. Never use IEX anymore, except on those dumbass sites that only work with internet explorer  :sombrero:

vdeane

I use IE7 the most (it's the one I use on this forum) but I also have a copy of Firefox 3 on my U3 jump drive and also have Google Chrome (mainly for the application window functionality but if I have an app window open and I just want to view a random webpage I will use chrome since I can just click open browser window rather than starting IE or Firefox).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

un1

Firefox all the way for me!  :D
Moderator of the Canada and Off Topic boards.

Thunder Bay Expressway - Highway 61 and 11/17 Ontario - Thunder Bay, Ontario

SSOWorld

Firefox preferred.

I'll use Internet Exploder if necessary (some sites I access at home don't work in FF (other than windoze upslate)
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

FLRoads

I also use Firefox.  The only time I use IE 7 is for websites that still regulate you to view their site in IE rather of Firefox.

DAL764

Firefox 3 for me 98% of the time. The other 2%, I'm using Opera for a couple of sites that don't work well in Firefox. Haven't used IE in at least 3 years.

Alex

Firefox 3 for me. Like flaroadgeek, tend to only use IE for pages that require it. Additionally I tend to use IE for any online mapping program, which I use on my 2nd monitor.

SimMoonXP

I use Windows Internet Explorer 8.0 RC1.

John

Firefox usually, although sometimes I'll jump into Chrome. Haven't used IE in months, although I keep it updated.
They came, they went, they took my image...

SSOWorld

Quote from: John on January 27, 2009, 10:09:19 PM
Firefox usually, although sometimes I'll jump into Chrome. Haven't used IE in months, although I keep it updated.
like you have much of a choice :P :)
Scott O.

Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
Raise your what?

agentsteel53

some ffox 2.x release.  I'm too lazy to upgrade to ffox 3.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

deathtopumpkins

firefox 3 ftw!  :sombrero: Internet Explorer really is crap if you try firefox instead.

Though when on here on my ipod I have no choice but to use safari. No browser choice.
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

Scott5114

Firefox, though I will jump into Konqueror for a few sites.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Darkchylde

Firefox on my Linux and Windows machines, and Safari on my Macs.

SSOWorld

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on January 28, 2009, 08:12:34 PM
firefox 3 ftw!  :sombrero: Internet Explorer really is crap if you try firefox instead.

Though when on here on my ipod I have no choice but to use safari. No browser choice.
you must have an iPod Touch.  Otherwise you would have said iPhone :-P
Scott O.

Raise your what?

Bryant5493

Web Browser: Micrsoft Internet Explorer

Service Provider: AT&T Internet

Be well,

Bryant
Check out my YouTube page (http://youtube.com/Bryant5493). I have numerous road videos of Metro Atlanta and other areas in the Southeast.

I just signed up on photobucket -- here's my page (http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt24/Bryant5493).

deathtopumpkins

Quote from: Master son on January 29, 2009, 09:09:56 AM
Quote from: deathtopumpkins on January 28, 2009, 08:12:34 PM

you must have an iPod Touch.  Otherwise you would have said iPhone :-P
Why yes, I do have an iPod touch. :-P and am on it right now in fact. 2nd generation 8 GB FYI.
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

Hellfighter

algorerhythms

I really should get my old MobilePro 780 out and see what this site looks like in Pocket Internet Explorer 2.0.  :-D

Voyager

Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

ComputerGuy

Alex

That is not a browser, that is an OS.

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Raise your what?

ComputerGuy

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.