News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Username Origins

Started by ComputerGuy, January 20, 2009, 06:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ComputerGuy

I just want to find out how you guys chose your usernames. I'll start:

ComputerGuy: I like computers and I am a male.

WillWeaverRVA

"Synthetic Dreams" is the name of a song I like. "Coredesat" and "Chikai" are also parts of names of songs that I like, hence why I use those names. :P
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Voyager

voyager = Star Trek Voyager.
Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

FLRoads

Quote from: voyager on January 20, 2009, 07:42:24 PM
voyager = Star Trek Voyager.

Though some will not agree with me, I actually liked ST: Voyager, especially after introducing Seven of Nine.....

un1

My username derives from French.

un in French means one, and well 1 is one..
So one one, or 11 or un un.

-un1
Moderator of the Canada and Off Topic boards.

Thunder Bay Expressway - Highway 61 and 11/17 Ontario - Thunder Bay, Ontario

deathtopumpkins

Post-Halloween we chop up our pumpkins with a broadsword. It's rather entertaining. The name comes from a picture I took of myself chopping up one, that was my first default pic on myspace.
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

algorerhythms

I invented the Internet and I have rhythm.

algorerhythms

Quote from: ComputerGuy on January 20, 2009, 10:46:09 PM
Al Gore + rythms = algoreryhtms :sombrero:
Well, maybe you should just be ObviousGuy.  :-P

shadowduck

shadowduck- darkwing duck cartoon from the 80s.

Wikigav

Wikigav

Wiki as in wikipedia becomes of my stream of useless facts and my last name, gavin.

Scott5114

Scott is my real name. The first time I was registering an account on a forum (this was when I was 13 I think?) I needed a string of numbers to stick to it so I grabbed a box of Ziploc bags and looked at the UPC code and the first four digits were "5114". It was easy to remember, so it stuck, and the rest is history.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

deathtopumpkins

Of all the places to get a random string of numbers... a Ziploc UPC code?  :-P
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

DAL764

DAL is the 3-letter code of Delta Air Lines, my favorite airline, and 764 is the code for the Boeing 767-400ER, one of the many models in their fleet.

US71

Mine comes from living along or near US 71 much of my life.  :spin:
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

rawr apples

rawr apples used to be 'omfg apples' at Simtrop, then I was told to change it sadly. I didnt really think too much into it. on both usernames.
Now shut up and drivee

austrini

in ancient nordic and heathen mythology- the flat world was held up on each corner by an elf. There were four of them : nordri, sudri, westri, and austrini. It is where the names of the English cardinal directions (north, south, west, and east respectively) come from. Austrini was the elf of the "east" and symbolized rebirth, fire, and honesty.
AICP (2012), GISP (2020) | Formerly TX, now UK

CityBoy1986

I chose mine ten years ago for Yahoo.  I was born in a city (New Orleans), am male and was born in 1986.

Voyager

I have another one that I use sometimes: jct_us101. I might use it here. Basically it means Junction US 101. US 101 is my favorite highway, so that's the reason for that.
Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

weatherdude

weatherdude...

weather = I was born obsessing over weather

dude = I'm a guy

Self explanatory, really.

SSOWorld

"Master" is a tip to Star Wars, while son is the last part of my last name (or 1st initial and first two letters of last name - however you want to look at it  :cheers:
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Freewayjim

I first used my name to setup my ebay account in 1998 and wanted something unique that was easy to remember. My name is jim and I like freeways, it just soft of fit.
Check out my highway videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/Freewayjim

Ian

my name is my first initials and my last name.

i.c.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Darkchylde

Mine is a short form of my Usenet handle, Darkangel de la Louisiane, or very loosely translated, Louisiana's Darkangel. As for why Darkangel, it's the name of a VNV Nation song. It also reflects my personality.

Real Life Guitar Hero

Well i changed my name drastiaclly from other sites you may know me from, i am simsamerica from sc4dev, simtrop and simpeg along with some other places and there simsamerica means well not as in Sims the video game but simulations and america is where i live and was born in. here my name comes from that I play guitar, I have played Guitar Hero the game only like 2-3 times but I do play Rockband.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.