Crazy things you've found in Google StreetView

Started by rickmastfan67, April 07, 2010, 03:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNGL-Leudimin

This one:
Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on November 13, 2018, 08:19:58 AM
Not crazy, but one can figure the Google car, including the camera mast, is shorter than 11 ft 8 in because it fits below the Norfolk Southern/Gregson St overpass :sombrero:.

It has recently been raised to 12' 4" (3.75 m), though.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Mr. Matté

Quote from: Mr. Matté on February 29, 2020, 06:08:19 PM
Quote from: Mr. Matté on August 28, 2019, 09:40:57 PM
As of this past Saturday, I can confirm the Streetview car, at least the one driving around western Monmouth County, NJ, is just a tealish CR-V. It passed by me whilst I was out on my bike twice (once on Millstone Road south of 33 and again on 527 near Millhurst).

Ego stroke update, I was nowhere to be found in the latest rollout (the former location still has 2013 imagery, the latter does have August 2019 but I'm not there).

Scratch that: I did finally make it

ErmineNotyours

Streetview imagery of 4th Avenue in Anchorage is taken by a sled dog racer on trucked-in snow.

SectorZ

Quote from: Mr. Matté on April 29, 2020, 09:13:21 PM
As of this past Saturday, I can confirm the Streetview car, at least the one driving around western Monmouth County, NJ, is just a tealish CR-V. It passed by me whilst I was out on my bike twice (once on Millstone Road south of 33 and again on 527 near Millhurst).

Ego stroke update, I was nowhere to be found in the latest rollout (the former location still has 2013 imagery, the latter does have August 2019 but I'm not there).

I've had two pass me cycling in my life and for some reason those didn't make the cut.

andrepoiy

I've also passed a Streetview car and I got captured.

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

Roadrunner75

Enjoy it while you can.  I made it sitting in my car waiting for a site meeting in Jersey City a few years ago, but alas another Streetview car eventually came by and erased me from existence.

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Roadrunner75

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

vdeane

Quote from: Roadrunner75 on May 02, 2020, 01:26:51 PM

Enjoy it while you can.  I made it sitting in my car waiting for a site meeting in Jersey City a few years ago, but alas another Streetview car eventually came by and erased me from existence.
You're not even in the historical imagery?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Roadrunner75

Quote from: vdeane on May 02, 2020, 11:40:31 PM
Quote from: Roadrunner75 on May 02, 2020, 01:26:51 PM

You're not even in the historical imagery?
You're right, I'm still there.  But I've been demoted to archive status.  Bummer.

D-Dey65

Quote from: andrepoiy on May 01, 2020, 01:49:24 PM
I drove behind one a few years ago. I don't know if I was captured, but I really don't care.

kphoger

Quote from: D-Dey65 on May 07, 2020, 01:28:10 AM

I drove behind one a few years ago. I don't know if I was captured, but I really don't care.

Should have rammed him.  THEN we'd have something crazy to talk about!
Male pronouns, please.

formulanone

Well, GSV got me once...it's only on historical images for a few moments, then it found another neighborhood to drive into.

jakeroot

Quote from: formulanone on May 07, 2020, 04:11:42 PM
Well, GSV got me once...it's only on historical images for a few moments, then it found another neighborhood to drive into.

[clipped]

Not sure we have access to that link.

D-Dey65

Quote from: kphoger on May 07, 2020, 11:45:48 AM
Quote from: D-Dey65 on May 07, 2020, 01:28:10 AM

Should have rammed him.  THEN we'd have something crazy to talk about!
Nope. Sorry. The closest thing to a crazy story was the fact that I was driving one of my brothers and my father to a nearby Rural King, and told my brother about how a GSV image of the 167th Street el station on the 4 train inspired me to take this picture. One mention of the location and my brother asked why with slight revulsion, and my father laughed at me out of pity.

CoreySamson

Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

ozarkman417

GSV captured my track team in a certain location, but I did not appear in it. Even though the faces were blurred out, its not enough to make them completely unrecognizable.

ErmineNotyours

On Royal Brougham Way over the railroad tracks by Safeco Field they took a picture of a bicyclist.  The software fuzzed out the center of both bicycle wheels but left the rider's face fully visible.  They've since built a bridge over the tracks, and the old imagery is unavailable.

jakeroot

Quote from: ErmineNotyours on May 19, 2020, 09:44:49 PM
On Royal Brougham Way over the railroad tracks by Safeco Field they took a picture of a bicyclist.  The software fuzzed out the center of both bicycle wheels but left the rider's face fully visible.  They've since built a bridge over the tracks, and the old imagery is unavailable.

You can still get to it with some careful clicking. Is this around the timeframe you are referring? I don't see any cyclists:

https://goo.gl/maps/9eACndW7DhXpd9EFA

ErmineNotyours

Quote from: jakeroot on May 20, 2020, 04:04:33 AM
Quote from: ErmineNotyours on May 19, 2020, 09:44:49 PM

You can still get to it with some careful clicking. Is this around the timeframe you are referring? I don't see any cyclists:

https://goo.gl/maps/9eACndW7DhXpd9EFA

I believe he was right at the railroad crossing, and this image isn't old enough.

D-Dey65

ErmineNotyours

https://goo.gl/maps/P3tN2QzUTPQLKFd7A

Even though it is the side of a truck, much of the text is blurred out, but the things that sort-of look like human faces are left visible.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.