News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I-415 deleted in Salt Lake City, 1969

Started by kurumi, October 14, 2009, 12:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurumi

Utah DOT have hosted their 1968 application to AASHTO to extend I-215 to take over I-415 in Salt Lake City. It was approved in 1969.

http://www.dot.state.ut.us/main/uconowner.gf?n=200609121744533

I wish I could find the rest of these (all interstate applications, all states, all years :-)
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

xonhulu

Why was the southeast leg given the I-415 designation in the first place?  Did it not connect with I-215 originally because the southwest leg was built last?

kurumi

I don't know why there was a 415 designation. Apparently none of it was ever signed I-415: the number changed before the freeway opened.

But I found the page with resolutions (history) for more Utah state, US and Interstate routes, here:
http://www.dot.state.ut.us/main/f?p=100:pg:0::::T,V:1348,
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

TheStranger

Quote from: kurumi on October 14, 2009, 04:22:19 PM
I don't know why there was a 415 designation. Apparently none of it was ever signed I-415: the number changed before the freeway opened.

My guess would be the same rationale for the 280/680 (SF Bay Area) and 494/694 (Twin Cities) numberings - so as not to provide directional confusion when the physical road starts heading back north-south or east-west.  (280 was slated to have done the same thing with 480 as well, at the current 101/1 junction in the SF Presidio.)
Chris Sampang

Rover_0

If I had my way, then UT-201 (at least its freeway portions, from I-15 to I-215) would be an Interstate.  Something like I-315, I-480, or I-115 would work.  However, I don't think that at this time UT-201's freeway section isn't up to Interstate standards.  Maybe you could extend it all the way along to UT-201's western end at I-80.
Fixing erroneous shields, one at a time...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.