News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Road Trips / Re: What road did you leave on...
Last post by Hot Rod Hootenanny - Today at 11:10:07 PM
Last week I left Ohio via US 35 over the Ohio River.
Earlier today, I re-entered Ohio via I-470 over the Ohio River.
Sports / Re: NFL (2024 Season)
Last post by webny99 - Today at 11:09:27 PM
The Jaguars continue to annoy the Bills (or Bills fans at least), drafting LSU WR Brian Thomas Jr at pick #23. Naturally followed by the Cowboys trading down from pick #24, so there's a decent chance the Bills would've/could've moved up if he'd made it past the Jags.
Last post by webny99 - Today at 10:41:05 PM
Quote from: Ted$8roadFan on Today at 08:36:11 PMNew England Patriots select NC QB Drake Maye at #3.

A bummer for the rest of the AFC East.

Falcons selecting Michael Penix Jr at #8 overall is the most surprising QB pick since Daniel Jones.

This draft has definitely made history opening with 14 straight offensive players, not to mention the record-setting 6 QB's in the first 12 picks.

6 QB's gone before the Raiders picked at #13 was definitely not something anyone had mocked and they would have been laughed off the street if they had. There was plenty of talk of Bo Nix falling out of the first round entirely like Will Levis, while hardly anyone considered that he might go as early as #12. Also since there were only 6 potential first round QB's, there was some extra petty motivation for the Broncos to take the last one to stick it to the Raiders. They still got a good player in Brock Bowers, but you can bet they're disappointed all 6 QB's were gone.
Southeast / Re: Charlotte
Last post by 74/171FAN - Today at 10:40:08 PM
I think Charlotte is trying to impress Tom958 with these APLs.  (https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10220246205985829&set=a.10220246332869001)

International Highways / Re: Philippine expressway syst...
Last post by bing101 - Today at 10:32:34 PM
Here is an Update on the CLLEX. 
Traffic Control / Re: Is Georgia finally getting...
Last post by ran4sh - Today at 10:21:00 PM
Quote from: roadfro on Today at 11:52:48 AMThe exit to US 23 rightly deserves an exit only panel since that lane drops.

This isn't a lane drop, the exit uses a regular deceleration lane. I don't think it would make sense to drop a thru lane right before a major system interchange.
Traffic Control / Re: Unique, Odd, or Interestin...
Last post by Scott5114 - Today at 10:14:12 PM
Quote from: Amaury on April 24, 2024, 04:12:05 PMThis is on US Route 2 at the Idaho and Montana border. I don't think I've seen a sign that actually said state line: https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZbUjEXdFeByQtAuR8

Fairly common in Kansas where the state line falls on a bridge or some other location where installing a full-size graphical welcome sign is difficult: I-435 west, I-435 south. The standard graphical sign will then be installed a little ways down the road where it's more convenient. It helps that it pairs well with the standard "Xxxxx/COUNTY LINE" sign that Kansas uses.
Last post by Ted$8roadFan - Today at 08:36:11 PM
New England Patriots select NC QB Drake Maye at #3.
Mountain West / Re: US 93 In Arizona Progress
Last post by pderocco - Today at 08:36:09 PM
Quote from: DJStephens on Today at 09:20:12 AM
Quote from: splashflash on April 24, 2024, 09:30:51 AMThe design for an interchange was completed four years ago for Pierce Ferry Road

https://azdot.gov/planning/transportation-studies/us-93-pierce-ferry-road-feasibility-study
May have mentioned this before, but quite bizarre.  The idea to build a "half interchange", instead on building the whole thing at once.  Is that what "T1" stands for, a half assed attempt?  Seems stupid to get a contract let again, spend more later, get a contractor out to the remote site again, later, to build the rest of the interchange when they feel like it.  Almost seems as if Pete Rahn has his grimy hands into the design.   At least no skewing or shifting of mainllines appears present.   

I thought it said TI, not T1, and assumed it stood for tee interchange. But whatever. It looks like the way it is designed, none of it wouldn't have been needed had they decided to do the whole thing at once, so it seems reasonable.
Last post by epzik8 - Today at 08:34:39 PM
Williams, Daniels, Maye first three picks. Stunner.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.