News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Roadgeek Memes

Started by cl94, December 05, 2017, 12:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Brandon

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on December 12, 2017, 04:31:42 PM
What does that meme mean?

Read this:

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 21, 2010, 04:01:21 AM
Post the worst, most ineptly put together pieces of crap in your state. Not just "oh, it's in Clearview", "wrong type of shield", or "it's a bubble shield" or anything like that. We're talking pure, unadulterated suck here. Stuff that makes you wonder what they were thinking. Stuff that should only result from a night of binge drinking at the sign shop. Like this!

That's why.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

PHLBOS

Quote from: formulanone on December 08, 2017, 05:09:10 PM
Quote from: PHLBOS on December 08, 2017, 03:11:43 PMFor the early 90s, only the I-shields on signs were button-copy.

Do they re-use those button copy shields on new signage? Or did DPW and/or MassHighway just have a lot of shields manufactured, with plenty of backstock?

Much of the interstate signage looks remarkably "new" for 15-20 year old signs, while the button copy shields still look pretty good...
No, those shields were new-builds for the signage.  The reflective red-and-blue backgrounds being the dead give-away.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

cjk374

Quote from: kphoger on December 13, 2017, 02:02:11 PM
Quote from: Brandon on December 13, 2017, 01:50:10 PM
But does the road bip as well?

You asked for it.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!!  :clap: :clap: :clap: :-D :-D :-D
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

adventurernumber1

I love this thread so far!!  :nod:  :clap:  :thumbsup:

I should have my own memes to contribute after a little while, but for now, I am enjoying the existing ones.  :D

These are some of my favorites so far:  :clap:  :-D  :rofl:  :thumbsup:

Quote from: kphoger on December 05, 2017, 02:16:48 PM

Quote from: cl94 on December 05, 2017, 02:22:10 PM

Quote from: kurumi on December 09, 2017, 02:43:03 PM

Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

ColossalBlocks

I am inactive for a while now my dudes. Good associating with y'all.

US Highways: 36, 49, 61, 412.

Interstates: 22, 24, 44, 55, 57, 59, 72, 74 (West).

Hurricane Rex

Not a roadgeek meme perse but it crosses from a running meme and roadgeek photo:

ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

plain

Newark born, Richmond bred

jakeroot

^^
First one reminded me of this:

Meme rules allow I's and 1's to be interchangeable.

Scott5114

^ No, that's obviously referring to Interstates 2, 4, and 5.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

freebrickproductions

Made this edit for a Facebook comment:
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

jakeroot

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 05, 2018, 05:50:31 AM
^ No, that's obviously referring to Interstates 2, 4, and 5.

Either way, I'm sure Bear Grylls would be happy to drink his own piss.

7/8

Here's three I just made. Hopefully Oscar doesn't mind that I involved him in the second one :).

SSOWorld

Quote from: cjk374 on December 14, 2017, 05:59:45 AM
Quote from: kphoger on December 13, 2017, 02:02:11 PM
Quote from: Brandon on December 13, 2017, 01:50:10 PM
But does the road bip as well?

You asked for it.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!!  :clap: :clap: :clap: :-D :-D :-D

found this one in the wild.  Describes New Jersey very well.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

jakeroot

Quote from: SSOWorld on January 11, 2018, 10:18:02 PM

Rule number 1 when driving in the Northeast: under no circumstances should one ever use their blinkers. It gives your moves away to the enemy. Look for a gap, and exploit it.

adventurernumber1

I've finally got some memes of my own to contribute. It is unlikely that it is the case, but someone correct me if one of my memes is too similar to one that is already done, as I cannot easily go and look back right now as I am posting this on Tapatalk (due to the pictures). Here they are: :D

(With Buzz and Woody and their different perspectives, this does a good and very humorous job of showcasing the feud between those who do and do not like Clearview) :D

(Also, sorry for some of the photos showing a bunch of user interface from iFunny where I created them, but some of those pictures were much harder to crop than others, so please forgive me)  :)

Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

freebrickproductions

Quote from: jakeroot on January 11, 2018, 11:56:09 PM
Quote from: SSOWorld on January 11, 2018, 10:18:02 PM

Rule number 1 when driving in the Northeast: under no circumstances should one ever use their blinkers. It gives your moves away to the enemy. Look for a gap, and exploit it.
Applies to the Southeast as well.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Rothman

Just tried to play "bip" in Scrabble last night.  Denied.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: 7/8 on January 11, 2018, 09:31:14 PM
Here's three I just made. Hopefully Oscar doesn't mind that I involved him in the second one :).

:-D That one's perfect. :clap:

adventurernumber1

Some more memes from me:

(Also, sorry for some of the photos showing a bunch of user interface from iFunny where I created them, but some of those pictures were much harder to crop than others, so please forgive me)

index

I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.