News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Highway NOT entering your home state on which you have clinched the most mileage

Started by NWI_Irish96, May 21, 2022, 07:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epzik8

From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

thspfc

tigerwings

Home state of Michigan (left in 2006 after 40+ years). Also lived in Colorado, California, and Ohio.

I-80 from San Francisco to I-77 interchange south of Cleveland, 2463 miles.

dfilpus

formulanone

Have never lived in any of the states it crosses
I-90: 863 miles (not clinched)
I-79: 340 miles (clinched)
US 6: 840 miles (not clinched)
US 6N: 28 miles (clinched)
GA 520: 213 miles (not clinched)
TX 130: 140 miles (clinched)

Within states resided without driving ability
I-40: 1210 miles (not clinched)
I-55: 960 miles (clinched)
US 40: 910 miles (not clinched)
US 641: 166 miles (clinched)

US 89

Easily I-40 for me. I have six separate segments of it, including the whole thing from Amarillo to west Nashville, that add up to 1472 miles per Travel Mapping (about 57% of the route).

For US highways, it's US 30 (742 miles, 24%) thanks to its long concurrencies with I-84 in Oregon/Idaho and I-80 in Wyoming.

1995hoo

As far as I know, I-75 (1114 miles), although I haven't added up all the different segments of the Trans-Canada Highway, so if you count that as a single highway it might be more.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Mapmikey

My top 3 longest clinches are all outside my home states of SC and VA:

I-40, I-80, I-90

Longest US route that meets this condition is #7 on my list, US 40.

iowahighways

I-55 for me. During my lifetime, I've been on all but the part south of I-12 in Louisiana.

And although I've clinched all of the Interstates within Iowa, all of the 2di's I've clinched to date don't go through there at all: I-4, I-22, I-24, the western I-76, and the western I-88.
The Iowa Highways Page: Now exclusively at www.iowahighways.org
The Iowa Highways Photo Gallery: www.flickr.com/photos/iowahighways/

hbelkins

Strictly a guess on my part, but I've done all of I-70 between where US 6 and US 191 join the route in Utah to just outside Baltimore.

The only possible rival would be I-40, which I have in its entirety between Wilmington, NC and the US 59 exit near Sallisaw, OK; along with pieces/parts east of OKC, Gallup to Flagstaff (excluding the Petrified Forest loop) and Williams to Kingman.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

ilpt4u

If I can count the Eastern and Western I-76 as one mileage bank, I-76 is my hands-down winner. I am just shy of clinching the Western branch/pretty sure got as far west as I-25 in Denver from I-80, and the Eastern branch I'm missing east of Breezewood but have Westfield-Breezewood clinched

Other contender: I-85 between Charlotte and the I-185 exit towards Columbus, minus some mileage in Atlanta. I've been on the Central Artery, but not the 85 on the NE side nor between the airport and artery

Another: I-69. Everything south of the Toll Road in Indiana, except I haven't traveled on the Martinsville segment since it has earned the I-69 designation. Everything in Kentucky between Henderson and Calvert City. "Future"  segments in Tennessee that have already been upgraded but are still signed US 51. All the tiny bit designated in Mississippi. I don't remember if I ever got on 69 in Houston, but if so only 10-20 miles or so, and quite possibly zero. If I did, it was going for a joy ride around town

As a passenger: I-75, between I-70 and Florida's Turnpike, minus Macon, GA

fwydriver405

A few contenders from my home state of Maine would be:

I-5 (Lathrop CA - Garden Grove CA) - 484.88 km - 21.57% Clinched
I-93 (Canton MA - Waterford VT) 305.7 km - Fully Clinched
I-89 (Concord NH - Burlington VT) 239.05 km - 78.09 % Clinched
I-78 (Union Twp PA - Manhattan (New York) NY) 236.44 km - Fully Clinched

For US routes I would have to say US 3 (154.93 km - NH/MA), 6 (164.85 km - MA/RI/CT), 22 (112.06 km - PA/NJ) and 101 (712.97 km - Los Angeles CA up to around Sausalito CA). Can't really think about longest state highways I've clinched that don't enter Maine (too many to choose from!).

DJDBVT

JayhawkCO

Interstate: I-80 - 2,705 miles (Beats my mileage on I-90 by 3 miles)
U.S. Highway: US30 - 1,384 miles
State/Provincial Route: SK16 - 435 miles

(All mileage according to Travel Mapping)

And none of these enter any state where I have lived (Minnesota, Colorado, Florida, Kansas, or Washington).

Hot Rod Hootenanny

I-40 for interstate (since it never enters Ohio, nor Louisiana)
For US route, US 60 (since it never gets north of the Ohio River). If I discount the 5 years I lived in Louisiana, then US 61 takes the lead in this category.
International - Quebec 132
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

hobsini2

Homestates: IL & WI

The contenders I believe are I-35, I-40, I-65, I-75 and I-95. I will check the mileage later.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

hobsini2

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on May 23, 2022, 01:24:25 PM
I-40 for interstate (since it never enters Ohio, nor Louisiana)
For US route, US 60 (since it never gets north of the Ohio River). If I discount the 5 years I lived in Louisiana, then US 61 takes the lead in this category.
International - Quebec 132

US 60 (along with US 62) DOES cross both the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers at Cairo, IL. It is for less than a mile in Illinois but just saying.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

webny99

My most-traveled routes mileage-wise that do not enter NY are I-94 (577.4 miles) followed by I-75 (513.0 miles). For US routes, it's US 52 (325.9 miles). Mileage figures are per TM.

DandyDan

I have lived in 4 states, Minnesota,  Illinois, Nebraska and Iowa. I believe the interstate I have traveled on the most that is completely outside those states is I-10, but if there is a mandate that I drove it,  it's I-65. For US Routes, I believe it is US 180, but if the same rule applies, it's probably US 56.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

mgk920

I have been on all of I-80 east of I-76 (Nebraska) except the part between I-29 and I-380 in Iowa.

Mike.

bwana39

For me it is either I-65 or I-80. I would have to sit down with an abacus to figure out for sure which,,, :spin:

For a US-HWY it has to be US-169 or MAYBE US-191.
Let's build what we need as economically as possible.

zachary_amaryllis

I-64, goes nowhere near colorado, but I've been on all of it except the extended part into MO.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

ftballfan

I-65 easily. I've lived in Michigan my entire life and I've been on all of I-65 north of I-840 south of Nashville

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

bulldog1979

I-95 after a roadtrip this winter to Florida that took us down the East Coast. Before that, the answer would have been I-90.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.