Does your state have a road number matching your birthday? Does any state?

Started by KCRoadFan, July 13, 2022, 11:08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KCRoadFan

For me, this is post number 723, the number corresponding to my birthday, July 23 (coincidentally, the birthday itself is coming up in just 10 days). That made me wonder: does your state have a road with a number matching your birthday? If not, what are some states that do? For another example, the "birthday road"  for April 19 would be 419.

Note: As far as single-digit birthdays, I have decided that one would need to apply the leading zero, such that - for example - the "birthday road"  for August 4 would be numbered 804, not 84. In a similar vein, US 101 would correspond to January 1, not October 1. That way, everyone is on an equal footing, as all dates correspond to a three-digit number (or four digits for those with October, November, or December birthdays - thus, the number for November 3 would be 1103).

As for my "birthday road,"  Missouri does not have a road numbered 723, although that number does appear as secondary roads in several counties in Virginia (among them Franklin County, where many of my ancestors hailed from), as well as an FM road in Texas and state highways in Kentucky and Louisiana. Regarding the rest of you on the forum, does your state have your "birthday road"  number, and if not, are there any states that do? I'm eager to find out more!

Max Rockatansky

Apparently Kentucky, Texas and Louisiana all have Highways numbered 1006.

formulanone

Closest thing I can get in Alabama:

I don't think I have any photos with month, day and year (or two-digit year).

7/8

For April 25th:

Ontario doesn't have a 425, but the 427 is only two days off. If an Oakville-Milton freeway were built, then 425 would be the likely number.

The closest highway 425 to me would be NY's, which is quite close to Ontario. I've driven by NY 425 on I-290 in Tonawanda a few times.

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

NWI_Irish96

Indiana does not have a 204, but has me sandwiched on each side with 203 and 205. Michigan does have a 204 and I have driven it.

In a fictional world where INDOT takes the "Goshen Bypass" of CR 17 and CR 38 from Elkhart County, the CR 38 leg could be numbered 204.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

JayhawkCO

NWI_Irish96

JayhawkCO

Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on July 13, 2022, 11:49:24 AM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on July 13, 2022, 11:47:29 AM
Colorado has both US36 and CO36.

Based on the OP's criteria, you'd be looking for 306, not 36.

Lame. That's what I get for not reading.

No CO306, but I have been on Highway 306 in both Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.

GaryV

My state used to, but the US highway number was retired when the Interstate came in. It still exists in other states though.

CoreySamson

Texas does have an FM 627 within only a couple hours drive away out in the middle of nowhere. It does a weird hook shape and doesn't serve anywhere of consequence.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

LilianaUwU

There's no QC 621 (well, A-621), but if we go with the day/month format, then there is a QC 216. I don't think there's any routes numbered 2106.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

74/171FAN

There is PA 130 in the Pittsburgh area though I have not clinched it.  However, I have clinched US 130, IA 130, MD 130, OK 130, and VA 130.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Henry

None of the states that I have lived in have a Route/Highway 418. In fact, it only exists in eight states (FL, LA, MD, NM, NY, PA, SC and TN). However, there is a CA 184 and an IL 184 (but no WA 184). ND 1804 is the only such number that I know of.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

MATraveler128

Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

CtrlAltDel

My birthday matches 3 state routes with the criteria mentioned in the OP. If you switch the order of the day and month, there are 13.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

dvferyance

Not in my state but right next door there is a US 212 in Minnesota.

SkyPesos

For SR 316 (M/DD) and 163 (DD/M) in Ohio:

OH 163 is in the northern part of the state, not far from Toledo. Its most notable use is a route from the Turnpike to the OH 2 freeway that starts in Port Clinton.

OH 316 is a short route just south of Columbus.

I haven't been on either, though I've been on OH 315 (just a number down from 316) numerous times.

TheHighwayMan3561

No, in either North American or international date formatting. (July 18)
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

dlsterner

No.  In fact, no state in the US has an Interstate, US Highway, or State Highway matching my birthday.

Florida (where I used to live) did at one time, but no more.  And Texas has a Farm to Market route with that number, but that's it.

Bruce

Yes, and it's one that I somewhat regularly traverse part of.

highwaytuna

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on July 13, 2022, 08:09:04 PM
No, in either North American or international date formatting. (July 18)
It's almost comical how easy it was to find someone on this thread who shares a birthday with either myself (also July 18) or someone I know.

There aren't any Route 718's in the Northeast (apart from SR 718 in CT, but it's unsigned), but if we're willing to use the international format (18/7) there's a Route 187 in MA and CT.

jeffandnicole

webny99

In light of 129 working for both Dec. 9th and Jan. 29th, here's a math problem: how many numbers would work for multiple dates?

Is it just 101-129 (excluding 110 and 120), or am I missing some?

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: webny99 on July 13, 2022, 10:26:08 PM
In light of 129 working for both Dec. 9th and Jan. 29th, here's a math problem: how many numbers would work for multiple dates?

Is it just 101-129 (excluding 110 and 120), or am I missing some?

Based on the OP's criteria, Dec. 9 would be 1209, not 129.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.