News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Can't log in from Firefox

Started by bandit957, September 10, 2021, 06:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

I'm no longer able to log in to this forum using Firefox. (Right now I'm using poopy ol' Edge.) It says I'm banned. But the weird thing is that it says, "Sorry bandit73, you are banned from using this forum!" This is weird because my screen name is bandit957, not bandit73.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

webny99

Well, maybe you should try logging in with bandit957 instead of bandit73:-P

bandit957

Quote from: webny99 on September 10, 2021, 06:14:57 PM
Well, maybe you should try logging in with bandit957 instead of bandit73:-P

I can't. No matter what I do, the same thing happens.

Scott5114

At one point, I guess we had a bunch of spammers registering with *@*.info email addresses (like your bandit73 account used–nice domain name, by the way :D), and one of us issued a global ban on accounts using those email addresses. Looks like today you happened to get the same IP address as you did when you were on bandit73, so it triggered the ban. I have lifted the ban, so you should be able to post normally.

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Scott5114

Also, Tim, I'm guessing you don't have access to the bandit73 account any longer? Do you want us to just merge that account into bandit957 (assuming there's no technical reason we can't)?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

bandit957

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 10, 2021, 06:48:04 PM
Also, Tim, I'm guessing you don't have access to the bandit73 account any longer? Do you want us to just merge that account into bandit957 (assuming there's no technical reason we can't)?

Yes. I abandoned my bandit73 account back around 2013 because for some reason it didn't work anymore.

ClassicHasClass

Logged in from Firefox fine here (macOS and Linux).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.