News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Started by rickmastfan67, December 25, 2019, 07:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickmastfan67

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!! :cheers:

tolbs17

Merry Christmas!!!

I got new shoes (2 pairs!)!

And hopefully I will get a new phone because I have a crappy Note 4 and i want either 5 or 8 or 9.

ozarkman417

I got socks, money, and a very loud mechanical keyboard for Christmas, but that's just about it.

ozarkman417

Quote from: tolbs17 on December 25, 2019, 07:41:33 PM
Merry Christmas!!!

And hopefully I will get a new phone because I have a crappy Note 4 and i want either 5 or 8 or 9.
If I were you, I would consider a note 7 :)

tolbs17

Quote from: ozarkman417 on December 25, 2019, 07:42:32 PM
Merry Christmas!!!

Yeah right. Those things are overpriced. Hell no.

Max Rockatansky

Mostly outdoor equipment I needed this year for gifts:

-  One portable battery.
-  One Terrabyte drive.
-  One new pocket knife.
-  Three outdoor shirts.
-  One REI gift.

I also ended up with; Die Hard, Gremlins, Gremlins 2, and Goonies on DVD.

1995hoo

We just got back from my mom's house a while ago. I knew it was going to be a strange-feeling Christmas because we lost my dad last July, but it was even stranger than I expected because my brother wasn't here either. He moved to Louisiana last spring and he decided not to fly up for Christmas because he was here for work last week. It felt like more of an absence than I expected it to.

That's not to say it was a terrible Christmas, just a weird and very different one.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

ozarkman417

Quote from: tolbs17 on December 25, 2019, 07:43:32 PM
Merry Christmas!!!

Well You see, the Note 7 is overpriced, because it's rare. That specific model is rare for a reason, it blows up.

ce929wax

I got an air fryer, some sheets, a U of M throw blanket, some candy, and a $50 gift card to Game Stop.  I think I know where I might be going tomorrow.

tolbs17

Quote from: ozarkman417 on December 25, 2019, 08:42:19 PM
Quote from: tolbs17 on December 25, 2019, 07:43:32 PM
Merry Christmas!!!

Well You see, the Note 7 is overpriced, because it's rare. That specific model is rare for a reason, it blows up.
Yeah, it's called the Galaxy Note Fan Edition (FE). It's like $400 something.

nexus73

Xmas season is an extended celebration for me that includes New Year's Day as well.  Gifts, good food, excellent company, fun activities and a lot of football make this a great time to celebrate!  Now if we had Australia's December weather, imagine what that would be like...

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

Max Rockatansky

I should note that I ended up talking my wife into watching Die Hard and Gremlins.  We still have Ernest Saves Christmas but suffice to say it's been a much been viewing day over the typical Christmas Story marathon a lot of people do. 

Rothman

Quote from: ozarkman417 on December 25, 2019, 07:41:52 PM
I got socks, money, and a very loud mechanical keyboard for Christmas, but that's just about it.
I'd kill for a modern beamspring mechanical keyboard.  That click has yet to be replicated.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

kurumi

I'm kind of a hymn nerd, and when "O Come All Ye Faithful" came up, I was hoping the organist would use the Willcocks arrangement, and she did, so I was happy.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Rothman

Quote from: kurumi on December 26, 2019, 02:53:10 AM
I'm kind of a hymn nerd, and when "O Come All Ye Faithful" came up, I was hoping the organist would use the Willcocks arrangement, and she did, so I was happy.
O Come All Ye Faithful = We're Not Gonna Take It by Twisted Sister.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

tolbs17

Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell, Jingle Bell Rock

1995hoo

Quote from: Rothman on December 26, 2019, 11:04:52 AM
Quote from: kurumi on December 26, 2019, 02:53:10 AM
O Come All Ye Faithful = We're Not Gonna Take It by Twisted Sister.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV-SpT69IZ8

Scott5114

Quote from: Rothman on December 26, 2019, 12:05:53 AM
I'd kill for a modern beamspring mechanical keyboard.  That click has yet to be replicated.

This post is coming to you from an IBM Model M mechanical keyboard that was manufactured on September 19, 1987, that I got from my high school in return for doing the computer teacher a favor. (They had gobs and gobs of them in storage, and to them it was just old surplus equipment.) I've got a spare in my closet that I got off of eBay, should I ever need it.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Rothman

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 26, 2019, 02:49:41 PM
Quote from: Rothman on December 26, 2019, 12:05:53 AM

This post is coming to you from an IBM Model M mechanical keyboard that was manufactured on September 19, 1987, that I got from my high school in return for doing the computer teacher a favor. (They had gobs and gobs of them in storage, and to them it was just old surplus equipment.) I've got a spare in my closet that I got off of eBay, should I ever need it.
Nice, but the Model M is buckling spring, not beam spring.

kphoger

Quote from: nexus73 on December 25, 2019, 10:24:25 PM
Xmas season is an extended celebration for me that includes New Year's Day as well.  Gifts, good food, excellent company, fun activities and a lot of football make this a great time to celebrate!  Now if we had Australia's December weather, imagine what that would be like...

Rick

Well, today is only the third day of Christmas.

Christmastide isn't over till January 5 (the next day being Epiphany, when gifts have traditionally been given throughout the centuries).

So merry Christmas!
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

US 89

Quote from: kphoger on December 27, 2019, 01:32:43 PM
Well, today is only the third day of Christmas.

But where are my three French hens?

1995hoo

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 26, 2019, 02:49:41 PM

I wish I could find one of them cheaply, because I have used one before and typing on them is fantastic.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.