Your most awful sign pics

Started by Mergingtraffic, July 01, 2020, 06:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mergingtraffic

A lot of us on here take sign pics.  I do it for fun with a crappy iPhone.  Maybe I should actually buy a camera but I haven't yet. I have taken some real awful pics that's for sure.

Here's a pic I just don't like and haven't deleted yet. 

I only take pics of good looking signs. Long live non-reflective button copy!
MergingTraffic https://www.flickr.com/photos/98731835@N05/

jeffandnicole

Am I allowed to post about 40,000 blurred and half-missed signs?

ozarkman417

How about the garbage pictures I try to take from the backseat? There are many disadvantages I have, see below. I use a Galaxy S9+.

-Window glare

-far more likely to end up blurry/unfocused

-window of opportunity to take a picture is far shorter

-taking a picture from the windshield will require lots of editing, and the windshield is probably very dirty on some of them.

I tried to take a picture of an 'END' sign for an endpoint that was going to no longer exist very soon, and it turned out to be virtually illegible. I never got around to taking a second attempt. Better than nothing, I guess.

kphoger

Or the ones using a cell phone camera while driving, but it snapped too early and you can barely even tell the sign is there at all?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

csw

I probably delete about 25% of any new batch of photos if they're low quality or a duplicate (for example, a 1 mile advance and a 1/2 mile advance for the same exit - I don't need two of those). It used to be a lot more, but I've gotten better at avoiding windshield smudges, blurriness, and dealing with rain.

Scott5114

I don't know if I still have the file, but on the way up to the Chicago meet back in 2008, I was trying to get a photo of a sign that OTA had done in Franklin Gothic for some reason. Except somehow my camera was set to video mode, so instead what I got was a ten-second clip of the sign going by, out of focus, and me muttering "Oh, God damn it!" as the audio.

When I got to Chicago, everyone thought it was hilarious, so I had to show the video a few different times to different groups of people that hadn't got the chance to see it yet.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Max Rockatansky

M3100

Quote from: MergingtrafficHere's a pic I just don't like and haven't deleted yet.
As a railfan, I'm curious about that pic.  To the left is a catenary bracket with no wires; where is this location? Abandoned rail line, or just "de-electrified"?

Ben114

From Oxnard, California on 19 April 2019.

Truvelo

One of the most annoying things about taking photos from a moving vehicle is blurred images. This can be caused by a bumpy pavement or a slow shutter speed. This is an example of many which have come out like this. This is why I take several photos in quick succession to give a chance of getting at least one sharp image.

Speed limits limit life

Hunty2022

Time to bring this back from the dead.
I have an iPhone 8 for my photos, and I have a lot of really bad photos. Here is the worst of 2022 and 2023:

Taken 12/24/22. Almost every photo on this trip is bad. Almost every photo is cropped a ton. I don't even have it as an album on my Apple images. The only photo from this trip I have in my favorites is of a US 33 sign in Quinque.

Taken 5/18/23. The entire final nighttime part of my NC trip (after I stopped at a Dairy Queen in Gretna) was bad. Only three photos from this part of the trip made it to my favorites. This is what many photos near the end of the trip look like.

I also have a few bad luck photos. I tried to take a picture on US 360 north of Mechanicsville, but the view was blocked by a truck.
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.