News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

proposed AZ-189 improvements

Started by Stephane Dumas, December 16, 2013, 10:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephane Dumas

I saw on AZDOT website, some proposed ideas for improving AZ-189 from the border to I-19
http://www.azdot.gov/projects/south-central/sr-189-study-international-border-to-grand-avenue

One alternative showed is a upgrade to expressway with service roads and a new connector route between AZ-189 and I-19 http://www.azdot.gov/docs/default-source/transportation-technology/sr-189-newsletter.pdf?sfvrsn=2

corco

For me the main thing on that route is the interchange with I 19. Its quite miserable- just a ton of truck traffic and the interchange is before the freight transfer station so most of the trucks are Mexican- meaning theyre older, slower, and smellier than your typical American truck

andy3175

Since AZ 189 is the direct connector to Mexico Federal Route 15, I suspect that Arizona segment of the I-11 corridor may consider whether I-11 should be located on AZ 189 to create a direct freeway link to Mexico Federal Route 15.
Regards,
Andy

www.aaroads.com

NE2

SR 189 connects to 15D. 15 still goes into Nogales Centro (according to southbound signage; northbound puts a 15D shield on both).
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

andy3175

Quote from: NE2 on December 22, 2014, 10:18:52 PM
SR 189 connects to 15D. 15 still goes into Nogales Centro (according to southbound signage; northbound puts a 15D shield on both).

Correct. I should have double checked that before I typed. 15D.
Regards,
Andy

www.aaroads.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.