News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I-15 work south of Provo in Utah

Started by Sub-Urbanite, May 01, 2015, 01:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sub-Urbanite

Made a drive from St. George to Salt Lake and back this week, the first time I've driven that stretch of I-15 in a year. Seemed like a lot had changed:

• UDOT is aggressively installing climbing lanes at the major summits (Black Ridge, Beaver Summit, Cove Fort, others).
  • Two of the "Ranch Exits" have names now - Snowfield and Black Ridge just north of St. George. Other "Ranch Exits" still remain.
  • It felt like drivers were comfortable doing about 85 in the 80 zones — not many cars going faster. The exception were my fellow Oregonians, who probably wondered if Utah had converted to metric or something and are just generally queasy about going faster than 52.
  • I-15 is a mess around Thanksgiving Point. Cramped lanes, a lot of storm drain divots, just messy.

nexus73

Where does the 6-lane begin?  Is it still Spanish Fork or has the 6-lane treatment made it further south?

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

Sub-Urbanite

If I recall correctly, somewhere around Payson. I don't think it went as far south as Santaquin.

nexus73

Thanks for letting me know Nick!  Not as much traffic south of Payson as I recall from 20 years ago was taking place. 

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

andy3175

Quote from: NickCPDX on May 04, 2015, 12:19:31 PM
If I recall correctly, somewhere around Payson. I don't think it went as far south as Santaquin.

I went through there last summer, and the southbound third lane ended right at Exit 248 to Utah 178 (800 South). This was still about three miles north of Santaquin as you suggested.
Regards,
Andy

www.aaroads.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.