News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Any 4-Ways left in your area?

Started by traffic light guy, July 17, 2017, 09:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJResotko

I found these 4-ways (a Sargent Sowell and a Crouse Hinds type M) in the small town of Fayette, Ohio. https://youtu.be/_Lpo9olSAJo

traffic light guy

Quote from: CJResotko on November 21, 2018, 04:23:48 PM
I found these 4-ways (a Sargent Sowell and a Crouse Hinds type M) in the small town of Fayette, Ohio. https://youtu.be/_Lpo9olSAJo

"Sargent Sowell" is a tough name for a signal brand

basilicon89

Sargent Sowell was a police equipment supplier in Grand Prarie Texas, not really a signal manufacturer.

They contracted out their signal manufacturing to Traffic Signals Inc of Louisiana.

TSI sold to TEECO, another police supplier, that continued to make this signal style until the mid 2000s. You could buy them new from TEECO's site for about $2,000 a pop.

-Nick

CJResotko

Quote from: basilicon89 on January 03, 2019, 10:54:39 PM
Sargent Sowell was a police equipment supplier in Grand Prarie Texas, not really a signal manufacturer.

They contracted out their signal manufacturing to Traffic Signals Inc of Louisiana.

TSI sold to TEECO, another police supplier, that continued to make this signal style until the mid 2000s. You could buy them new from TEECO's site for about $2,000 a pop.

-Nick
True. That's why it's hard to tell if it's a TSI or Sargent Sowell signal

Flint1979

Last night I clinched M-52 and about 2.5 miles south of the northern terminus is a nightly four way stop. I had always wondered why it was a red flasher for a state highway crossing a more local road but then I thought it's probably like that to slow M-52 traffic down to avoid accidents. M-52 is 55 mph in that stretch, Swan Creek Road doesn't have a posted speed limit but most people do about 55 mph on that road as well. It's the only four way stop I came across on M-52. I was in Jackson and wanted to keep driving south and sooner or later was going to have to turn around and head back north so I decided to do a clinch of M-52, I also clinched M-99 last night but I've clinched that highway before.

basilicon89

Quote from: CJResotko on January 06, 2019, 10:17:19 PM
Quote from: basilicon89 on January 03, 2019, 10:54:39 PM

-Nick
True. That's why it's hard to tell if it's a TSI or Sargent Sowell signal

TSI did not have the lower compartment. That was an option on the Sargent Sowell model.

CJResotko

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.