Tuskegee Airmen Now honored with memorial highway on I-80 in Solano County

Started by bing101, February 06, 2014, 10:37:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

http://www.dailydemocrat.com/news/ci_25045928/tuskegee-airmen-be-honored-memorial-highway-i-80

There is a Section of I-80 Between CA-12 in Fairfield and CA-113 in Dixon that honors the World War II Air Force Pilots. Also this portion of I-80 is close to Travis Air Force base and its history to World War II.

US71

Quote from: bing101 on February 06, 2014, 10:37:22 AM
http://www.dailydemocrat.com/news/ci_25045928/tuskegee-airmen-be-honored-memorial-highway-i-80

There is a Section of I-80 Between CA-12 in Fairfield and CA-113 in Dixon that honors the World War II Air Force Pilots. Also this portion of I-80 is close to Travis Air Force base and its history to World War II.

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Henry

Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Desert Man

We as a country should salute our heroes fought in wars throughout US history. I like to mention the General Patton museum along I-10 about 30 miles east of Indio, when the area was used as a desert training ground for troops before they're sent to fight the Nazis in North Africa. I find the Tuskegee Airmen reference on I-80 fitting and interesting.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

bing101

If you look at the details about the airmen memtioned it was about black air force pilots who fought against the nazis back in the 1940's

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

bing101

US71

Quote from: NE2 on February 06, 2014, 11:46:31 PM
Is this more or less of an honor than a George Lucas movie?

Much more. George Lucas's movie was rather awful, IIRC
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Alps

All I know is Tuskegee itself is way closer to US 80 than I-80, and on the opposite side of the country.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.