News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Walk and Man Crosswalk signals

Started by Amtrakprod, June 22, 2018, 06:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amtrakprod

Driving through Somerville MA and saw theses, was wondering
-how rare are these
-Are these against the MUTCD
Thanks

iPhone
Roadgeek, railfan, and crossing signal fan. From Massachusetts, and in high school. Youtube is my website link. Loves FYAs signals. Interest in Bicycle Infrastructure. Owns one Leotech Pedestrian Signal, and a Safetran Type 1 E bell.

DaBigE

I'm not sure which is more interesting...the ped signal combo, or the 12-12-8 R-Y-G installation :confused:

As long as the Walk text isn't on when the upraised hand is on, it's not technically against the MUTCD. Outlined symbols, however, are also no longer permitted. The MUTCD does allow for text or outlined symbols to remain for the remainder of the useful service life. It's surprising that they didn't just disconnect the existing walk sign when they installed the LED unit in the don't walk housing.

In the spirit of double indications, it's not much worse than this one: in Hartford, WI.
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

Amtrakprod

Quote from: DaBigE on June 22, 2018, 06:36:31 PM
I'm not sure which is more interesting...the ped signal combo, or the 12-12-8 R-Y-G installation :confused:

As long as the Walk text isn't on when the upraised hand is on, it's not technically against the MUTCD. Outlined symbols, however, are also no longer permitted. The MUTCD does allow for text or outlined symbols to remain for the remainder of the useful service life. It's surprising that they didn't just disconnect the existing walk sign when they installed the LED unit in the don't walk housing.

In the spirit of double indications, it's not much worse than this one: in Hartford, WI.
Thanks, MA has very interesting traffic lights.

iPhone
Roadgeek, railfan, and crossing signal fan. From Massachusetts, and in high school. Youtube is my website link. Loves FYAs signals. Interest in Bicycle Infrastructure. Owns one Leotech Pedestrian Signal, and a Safetran Type 1 E bell.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.