News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Tappan Zee Meet

Started by Alps, May 13, 2016, 05:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What days can you make?

Saturday, July 9
8 (57.1%)
Saturday, July 16
9 (64.3%)
NOT HAPPENING - NEW HAVEN MEET
8 (57.1%)
Saturday, July 30
10 (71.4%)
Saturday, August 6
9 (64.3%)
Saturday, August 13
10 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: June 12, 2016, 05:59:29 PM

Alps

I'm still working out how to make this happen, but I'd like to host a special Tappan Zee Bridge construction meet this summer. It would pretty much just be the bridge if things go as planned - there would be a site orientation, then a tour, and maybe a presentation to go with it (before or after). Since I haven't worked out the details, I can't promise anything, but please let me know what day(s) work best for now, and I'll keep this updated.

vdeane

Interested; as of right now, I'm free any weekend that isn't the New Haven meet.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

dgolub

Quote from: vdeane on May 13, 2016, 07:47:23 PM
Interested; as of right now, I'm free any weekend that isn't the New Haven meet.

Same here.

froggie

Disregard one vote for 7/30.  I put that in before realizing we're going to a concert that weekend.

Also, my wife is trying to get me to take part in Ride the Dragon, a charity event on Lake Champlain.  Even if I don't participate, I'll be supporting her, so that rules out 7/16 and 8/6 for me.  As a side note, if anyone's interested in coming up to Burlington on 8/7, that's the day of the charity event.

hbelkins

Not going to vote on any dates, but I'd be game for this if life circumstances continue to work in my favor. Seems to me there may have been a conflict with some other meet(s) in those dates but I can't be certain of that. This might might be my opportunity to finally get Suffolk and Nassau counties and finish off New York.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

74/171FAN

Tentatively for me, any date that is not 7/9.  Of course, I could easily adjust this.  I could do this along with finishing the clinching of I-78 and US 22 east of PA 33 and maybe some other stuff.

-Mark
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

jpi

Not voting because at this point I do not plan on travelling to the northeast during that time. Also I plan to cross the Tappan Zee bridge for the first time in nearly 20 years in about 3 weeks when I travel from central PA to CT for a toy convention so I plan to take it in and get some pics then.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

oscar

I voted only for 8/6, the only date where I don't yet have a schedule conflict. But I'm a maybe at best even for that date.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Ian

Anything that isn't the last weekend in July would be a no-go for me since it's a busy month since I'm travelling to Maine twice (once for the 4th of July with my family and again for my 21st in Portland). August is better for me.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Alps

Quote from: Ian on May 15, 2016, 02:30:00 PM
Anything that isn't the last weekend in July would be a no-go for me since it's a busy month since I'm travelling to Maine twice (once for the 4th of July with my family and again for my 21st in Portland). August is better for me.
As long as you vote, I'll know.

PHLBOS

As of now, and depending on when dgolub's CT meet is scheduled; my available dates are July 9, 30 & August 6 & 13.

Note: I forgot to enter Aug. 6 when I casted my vote so add +1 for that date.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

jpi

I went ahead and voted for 8/6, the next weekend is Steel City Con near Pittsburgh which I do plan on going to but there is a small chance if the meet is on 8/6 I MAYBE could swing it
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Ian

Quote from: Alps on May 15, 2016, 09:30:28 PM
Quote from: Ian on May 15, 2016, 02:30:00 PM
As long as you vote, I'll know.

:D

UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

cl94

I'm relatively close and I'm a sucker for construction projects, so I'm in. As of now, all of the dates work, but July 30 is not preferable due to the TRB paper deadline being the following Monday.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Alps

There is no opportunity for a site tour, unfortunately. We could theoretically rent a boat for $1,000. Given the options, I'm cancelling the meet, since there is nothing I can show you that you can't see yourself otherwise.

hbelkins

Anybody got a pontoon boat ("Party Barge") they can bring?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.