News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

I-530 extension or new I-x69?

Started by lamsalfl, March 03, 2009, 02:28:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamsalfl

FULL ARTICLE:  http://www.pbcommercial.com/articles/2008/07/19/news/news1.txt

I-530 extension.   16 miles underway... junction with existing i-530 in Pine Bluff underway... Opening 2010...

The interchange at I-530 is currently under construction. Also, a segment stretching from near the Pinebergen community (off U.S. 63 South) to 16 miles south of Pinebergen is under construction. Both are expected to be completed by 2010.

how the hell did we let this slip under our radars?

US71

Officially, it's not part of I-530, but a connector between I-530 and Future I-69. It will be (IIRC) an expressway, but not necessarily an Interstate-grade highway.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

lamsalfl

US71

Quote from: froggie on March 03, 2009, 04:53:46 PM
I passed through last summer with my scout troop and noticed the beginnings of the interchange on I-530 near Pine Bluff, but it hasn't been a big priority given everything else (deployment, duty station transfer, holidays, etc).

Most (if not all) of the bridge supports are up and the steel is being added as of December.

Revive 755

froggie

Likely an I-530 extension, since the currently planned (and partially built) "Interstate spur" between Pine Bluff and Monticello is listed as an I-530 extension (and the completed 2-lane part near Monticello is labeled AR 530).

US71

According to AHTD, the I-530 extension will be AR 530. It will be 2 lanes (at least for now) and won't be controlled access.

UPDATE

Apologies if this has already been covered:

AR 530 is expected to open to traffic sometime in November 2011. As soon as it does, I hope to drive it and get a few photos (and see how many people get confused between I-530 and AR 530  :biggrin:)

froggie

No, but the existing segment of AR 530 near Monticello appears to be at least limited access, if at-grade.  And the number suggests an eventual I-530 extension when/if it's upgraded to freeway.

US71

Quote from: froggie on September 10, 2009, 06:47:22 AM
No, but the existing segment of AR 530 near Monticello appears to be at least limited access, if at-grade.  And the number suggests an eventual I-530 extension when/if it's upgraded to freeway.

Yes, if/when it's upgraded it might be I-530, but AHTD had no info on that. All they could tell me at the time was it was AR 530 and not a freeway.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.