News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Speed bumps

Started by kurumi, December 22, 2019, 01:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurumi

In a TIBCO driveway in Palo Alto, CA, there's an 0.1-mile stretch with 8 speed bumps -- probably the most I've seen outside of a parking lot itself: https://goo.gl/maps/EJd2zis2otxYAj2N6

I had to do business there a few years ago and got into the habit of parking closest to the entrance and walking the rest.

Are there any other streets really enthusiastic about speed bumps?
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Flint1979

There are two streets in my area that have speed bumps. Both in Saginaw Township, Golfview Drive has two and Shattuck Road west of Hospital Road has three. They are spaced a decent length from each other though.

Max Rockatansky

County Route J2 on Tesla Road is awash with speed bumps East of Livermore approaching Corral Hollow Pass.  J2 is an alternate route to I-580 over Altamont Pass and I guess the temporary solution to the safety issues is just to put down a shit load of rough speed bumps every mile or so.  More of a highway than a street but nonetheless something I've never really seen replicated elsewhere. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.