News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Mountain View Corridor

Started by US 89, April 15, 2018, 10:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plutonic Panda

Plutonic Panda

US 89

In addition to the connection between Bluffdale and Lehi, where construction is ongoing as far as I know, UDOT is currently seeking comment on a proposed extension of Mountain View south from the current terminus in Lehi to Redwood along Foothill Blvd. The environmental study itself should be finalized around summer or fall of next year.

The orientation into Pelican Point is noteworthy because very long range transportation plans in this area have had this southern MVC extension connecting into a bridge spanning Utah Lake from that location. I don't see a bridge ever actually getting built for cost and environmental reasons, but it's fun to think about and it's neat that it seems to be in the back of their minds.

Rothman

Quote from: US 89 on October 25, 2023, 08:54:24 AM
In addition to the connection between Bluffdale and Lehi, where construction is ongoing as far as I know, UDOT is currently seeking comment on a proposed extension of Mountain View south from the current terminus in Lehi to Redwood along Foothill Blvd. The environmental study itself should be finalized around summer or fall of next year.

The orientation into Pelican Point is noteworthy because very long range transportation plans in this area have had this southern MVC extension connecting into a bridge spanning Utah Lake from that location. I don't see a bridge ever actually getting built for cost and environmental reasons, but it's fun to think about and it's neat that it seems to be in the back of their minds.
Guess LDS Temples generate traffic (Saratoga Springs opened this past August).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

triplemultiplex

Yeah good lord, what a terrible idea.  Just wonder about that thought process. "You know what the third largest natural body of water in this state needs?  A giant, ugly freeway bridge across the middle of it!"
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Plutonic Panda

Is this supposed to be a freeway or parkway?

If it's a freeway wouldn't it make more sense to build it east of the mountain?

US 89

Quote from: triplemultiplex on October 25, 2023, 10:34:27 AM

Yeah good lord, what a terrible idea.  Just wonder about that thought process. "You know what the third largest natural body of water in this state needs?  A giant, ugly freeway bridge across the middle of it!"

Wait, what's the second? Unless you're counting the two causeway-separated parts of the Great Salt Lake as their own lakes...

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on October 25, 2023, 12:24:18 PM
Is this supposed to be a freeway or parkway?

If it's a freeway wouldn't it make more sense to build it east of the mountain?

...they are?

This likely won't be a freeway for a long time. Build the highway first and then upgrade it when it's needed later on, just like what they're doing with the rest of Mountain View.

The Ghostbuster

Ultimately, UT 85 will likely look just like the UT 154 corridor, with grade separations and interchanges at each crossroad. Is there a construction date yet for extending UT 85 southward to connect with UT 145 and UT 194?

triplemultiplex

Quote from: US 89 on October 25, 2023, 10:40:42 PM
Wait, what's the second? Unless you're counting the two causeway-separated parts of the Great Salt Lake as their own lakes...

My brain was telling me Bear Lake is bigger than Lake Utah.
Stupid brain.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Rothman

Quote from: triplemultiplex on October 26, 2023, 02:29:47 PM
Quote from: US 89 on October 25, 2023, 10:40:42 PM

My brain was telling me Bear Lake is bigger than Lake Utah.
Stupid brain.
O.o
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.